Hertz UK vs Hertz US

Old May 17, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AAAdvantage, Delta Skymiles
Hertz UK vs Hertz US

Hi
I'm looking for a way to get from the airport to my destination (~4hr drive) and have been looking at the prices of renting a car.

It would be a one-way rental, in state. I am from the UK, so went onto the UK site of Hertz which quotes me about $50 if I pay when I get there. There is no mention of a one-way fee, and it is unlimited mileage.

When I checked on the US website, it quotes me over $200.

Does this mean that even if I book on the UK site, I'm going to get stung for $150 charge when I turn up? If so, I might as well fly (it'll be cheaper!) or if it lets me book it for $50, is that the price I pay when I get there?
Old May 17, 2011, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Sludge82
Hi
I'm looking for a way to get from the airport to my destination (~4hr drive) and have been looking at the prices of renting a car.

It would be a one-way rental, in state. I am from the UK, so went onto the UK site of Hertz which quotes me about $50 if I pay when I get there. There is no mention of a one-way fee, and it is unlimited mileage.

When I checked on the US website, it quotes me over $200.

Does this mean that even if I book on the UK site, I'm going to get stung for $150 charge when I turn up? If so, I might as well fly (it'll be cheaper!) or if it lets me book it for $50, is that the price I pay when I get there?
If you book through co.uk you will pay $50. There is regularly a price difference -- as discussed in many other threads here -- between country websites. Last year when my brother came to the US from Switzerland, the quote from the US site was $450-odd, the quote from the .ch site was $230-odd. He booked through the Swiss site and had no trouble.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.