Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

How much are you paying to ride the rental shuttle bus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 5:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)

Just noticed the following information re/ a six hour rental at IAH tomorrow morning.

Total approximate price includes:
Airport concession fee recovery 0.11 USD
HERTZ BUSING COST RECOVERY 5.49 USD
PROPERTY TAX TITLE/LICENSE REIMBURSEMENT & CUST FACILITY CHARGE 5.70 USD
ENERGY SURCHARGE 1.03 USD
$5.49 to take the bus from the terminal to the Car Rental facility. I've rented dozens of cars at IAH but never noticed this line item in the fee breakdown for this airport or indeed any other. I've got cars booked in three other cities this week (but the last one is Houston again), so I will be looking carefully to see if this fee is charged elsewhere too.
Old May 8, 2011, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I see a recovery fee at IAH of $5.39 at National.

One pays $20 as an airport access fee for the inter-terminal/parking/common rental facility train at SFO.
Old May 8, 2011, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
IAH uses a consolidated bus system, and I believe they tack this fee onto each rental to cover the cost of the bus. Avis calls it a transportation fee, Enterprise calls it a Bussing Recovery Fee, it's not at all unusual.

Airports have fees that get passed along to the customer to use the consolidated services, they just call them different things at different airports, based on what the airports make them collect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.