FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   How to Get Hertz Points - Besides Renting (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1206947-how-get-hertz-points-besides-renting.html)

flyforever Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm

How to Get Hertz Points - Besides Renting

Hey all, I am in need of about 350 Hertz Points to get the award I need. Any ideas on getting points without renting?

briantoronto Apr 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Um, buy them? There is a pretty clear link to this from https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...fy/profile.do?

flyforever Apr 19, 2011 10:05 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto (Post 16241068)
Um, buy them? There is a pretty clear link to this from https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...fy/profile.do?

Any other ideas? this would save me $5 to buy the points i need.

JLewisinSyr Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Hertz doesn't have any ancillary partner award options really, so you either rent a car and earn them or you buy them.

flyforever Apr 20, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks

CrazyOne Apr 22, 2011 8:12 am

You might be able to rent with a 300-point bonus like the birthday or anniversary PCs. That would get you there fastest, and perhaps cheaper than buying them. I can't remember if they require 2-day keeps or what, but they require renting a full-size car on a weekend (or weekly).

Buying 350 costs $70 now, as you said.

If you're only going to save $75 anyway (inferred from saying you'll only save 5 bucks if you buy the points), I wouldn't bother. Just rent paid, and save the points for later. That sounds like you're only taking a weekend award or a couple of free days, which is not the best use typically. Weeklies where you're wanting the car for 6-7 days tends to be the best value for points. (Ex: weekend non-peak is 2000 points, weekly non-peak is only 2500 which gives you up to 3 extra days for just 500 points.)

flyforever Apr 22, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks CrazyOne. I am looking at a high priced one way from TPA to Hilton Hotel location and then returning 6 days later from the hotel to TPA. Just trying every angle. Thanks.

User Name Apr 9, 2012 8:29 am

I was kindly directed to this thread just now as I had the same question!

I'm posting because I'm aware of one other way to acquire Hertz points that may be of use to someone. eRewards (online surveys, invitation only) allows transfers into Hertz. The current rates are $30 (eRewards "Dollars") to 150 Hertz or $60 to 500 Hertz.

Compared to how many airline miles/hotel points you can get converting to other eRewards travel partners, it looks like the Hertz ($60) option could be by far the most valuable if used correctly.

ayya Apr 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 18359530)
I was kindly directed to this thread just now as I had the same question!

I'm posting because I'm aware of one other way to acquire Hertz points that may be of use to someone. eRewards (online surveys, invitation only) allows transfers into Hertz. The current rates are $30 (eRewards "Dollars") to 150 Hertz or $60 to 500 Hertz.

Compared to how many airline miles/hotel points you can get converting to other eRewards travel partners, it looks like the Hertz ($60) option could be by far the most valuable if used correctly.

Thanks for the info. I used $60 (eRewards dollars) to get 500 hertz points.

canesfan Jun 4, 2012 6:20 am

Originally Posted by ayya (Post 18418454)
Thanks for the info. I used $60 (eRewards dollars) to get 500 hertz points.

How long did it take to post to your Hertz account? Thinking about doing the same thing but don't want to wait 6-8 weeks as T/C state...

Mary2e Jun 4, 2012 9:01 am

Lately, mine have been posting within a week. But when the program first started last year, the first took nearly a month, and the second got lost.

But my last 2 redemptions have been quick and trouble free.

ayya Jun 4, 2012 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan (Post 18693889)
How long did it take to post to your Hertz account? Thinking about doing the same thing but don't want to wait 6-8 weeks as T/C state...

It took a week for the points to post to my hertz account.

GW McLintock Jun 11, 2012 12:14 pm

FWIW I *just* confirmed the $60 - 500 points reward (i.e. pushed the "Finish" button on the e-Rewards website). I'll update this post when the points post to my account :)

UPDATE: I don't know when it happened but as of tonight they have posted!

-J.

canesfan Jun 12, 2012 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft (Post 18737237)
FWIW I *just* confirmed the $60 - 500 points reward (i.e. pushed the "Finish" button on the e-Rewards website). I'll update this post when the points post to my account :)

-J.

I also did the transfer last Thursday. Will too update it when it occurs. Hopefully by the end of the week!

GW McLintock Apr 26, 2013 2:46 am

Hate to bump up an old thread like this, but in just over 3 and a half months, I've earned myself another 500 points. Didn't spend too much time doing surveys (maybe an hour or so per week at the most, cumulatively) and it didn't cost me a dime. For those of you out there who, like me, don't get paid to travel and/or rent, this is a great option to build up and later on be able to reap awards. Maybe I'll finally get some kind of Prestige car :D

-J.