Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Get Hertz Points - Besides Renting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:54 am

One note on these points, there is a restriction that you can only redeem for Hertz points once per 3 month period, so the max you can earn is 2,000 points per year. Still not a bad deal for little effort, but just an awareness.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Hate to bump up an old thread like this, but in just over 3 and a half months, I've earned myself another 500 points. Didn't spend too much time doing surveys (maybe an hour or so per week at the most, cumulatively) and it didn't cost me a dime. For those of you out there who, like me, don't get paid to travel and/or rent, this is a great option to build up and later on be able to reap awards. Maybe I'll finally get some kind of Prestige car

-J.
You could buy 500 points for $100. Over 3.5 months, you spent an hour a week doing surveys. That's about 14-15 hours in total. So, you're making about $6.50-7.00/hour doing those surveys. Unless you actually enjoy doing the surveys, not a great return on your time.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
One note on these points, there is a restriction that you can only redeem for Hertz points once per 3 month period, so the max you can earn is 2,000 points per year. Still not a bad deal for little effort, but just an awareness.
This is true ^ But for someone like me who won't even hit $500 in yearly spend (yep ) it's a great way to rack up the points.

-J.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
You could buy 500 points for $100. Over 3.5 months, you spent an hour a week doing surveys. That's about 14-15 hours in total. So, you're making about $6.50-7.00/hour doing those surveys. Unless you actually enjoy doing the surveys, not a great return on your time.
Well said, I slowly got sucked in to taking these surveys, the last $20 was brutal and it equated to my time being worth less than minimum wage.

The transfer to Hertz took two weeks
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ayya
Thanks for the info. I used $60 (eRewards dollars) to get 500 hertz points.
Will they send a check for $60 - if so, $60 in the bank is more value than 500 Hertz - is there something I am missing?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Hate to bump up an old thread like this, but in just over 3 and a half months, I've earned myself another 500 points. Didn't spend too much time doing surveys (maybe an hour or so per week at the most, cumulatively) and it didn't cost me a dime. For those of you out there who, like me, don't get paid to travel and/or rent, this is a great option to build up and later on be able to reap awards. Maybe I'll finally get some kind of Prestige car

-J.
Which site did u do your survey on - eRewards?
I do not have a eRewards a/c - how can I get one?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by sciconf
Will they send a check for $60 - if so, $60 in the bank is more value than 500 Hertz - is there something I am missing?
I will respectfully disagree. If you already have 50 points in your account, another 500 points is worth a free day. If a single day is going at $99 (especially when you can get a PCAR for the same number of points), then is a $60 check really more valuable?

For me, this is very often the case in NYC, especially on last-minute bookings.

Which site did u do your survey on - eRewards?
I do not have a eRewards a/c - how can I get one?
E-Rewards uses different sources for their surveys. Nearly each one is different.

I think JetBlue still has an e-Rewards signup going. Check them out. If you sign up through them (like I did), you can still earn Hertz points.

-J.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I will respectfully disagree. If you already have 50 points in your account, another 500 points is worth a free day. If a single day is going at $99 (especially when you can get a PCAR for the same number of points), then is a $60 check really more valuable?

For me, this is very often the case in NYC, especially on last-minute bookings.

E-Rewards uses different sources for their surveys. Nearly each one is different.

I think JetBlue still has an e-Rewards signup going. Check them out. If you sign up through them (like I did), you can still earn Hertz points.

-J.
Thank you @GW McLintock

I singed up for JetBlue - what should i do to get the eRewards invite?

Last edited by sciconf; Dec 27, 2014 at 7:15 am
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:31 am

Go to e-Rewards.com. Sign up for TrueBlue at JetBlue or RapidRewards at Southwest and you should be good to go.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Go to e-Rewards.com. Sign up for TrueBlue at JetBlue or RapidRewards at Southwest and you should be good to go.
I signed up for JetBlue and eRewards - right now it has JetBlue member #.
How do I (ever) transfer points to Hertz? I have not seen any option to add Hertz mem #?

Last edited by sciconf; Dec 28, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

I signed up for JetBlue and eRewards - right now it has JetBlue member #.
How do I (ever) transfer points to Hertz? I have not seen any option to add Hertz mem #?
Once you have $30 or $60 in e-Rewards currency (from doing surveys), you can use the Hertz option to redeem -- it will ask for your number then. $30 gets you 150 points, and $60 gets you 500 points.

Note you can only redeem with Hertz once per quarter. It works out since it usually takes right around three months to get $60. Stay on top of the surveys though, they do expire if you wait around too long to complete them (i.e. if you wait more than a few days to do them). Points then take a few weeks to show up in your account IIRC.

-J.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:25 pm
TPP

Programs: DL, US, AA
I reached $60 tonight after completing a really boring survey on pickup trucks and requested the 500 Hertz points. I'll edit this when they are posted to my account.

Edit: My 500 points posted on 1/8/15 - so it only took 7 days!

Last edited by TPP; Jan 8, 2015 at 9:00 pm Reason: information update
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:10 pm

Just FYI, you can transfer points between spouses. If you have tons of time on your hands, you could run a second E-Rewards for you spouse and maybe get $60 (500 Hertz pts) 2x in each quarter
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:49 pm
TPP

Programs: DL, US, AA
Originally Posted by wc4572
Just FYI, you can transfer points between spouses. If you have tons of time on your hands, you could run a second E-Rewards for you spouse and maybe get $60 (500 Hertz pts) 2x in each quarter
Thanks, I'll check into that!
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:06 pm

What is the value of these Hertz points - because, if u points, then CC does not provide insurance - your personal ins does not cover loss of usage - so if u buy LDW, it is as much as car rental, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.