Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Adrenaline Collection - age requirement and coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adrenaline Collection - age requirement and coupons

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by RentalCar1987
This is the Underage coupon, and not the Gold Family CDP, am I right? Besides, I know they make exceptions. They let me rent the Camaro SS without even being a Gold member. Maybe that was because I did so for two weeks
You are indeed correct, as before I just turned 25. before I exclusively used hertz and the gold family CDP and never had any problems. The lowest class I ever rented was an L car and also had lots of prestige cars. Never once was I looked at twice, asked to confirm CDP or any other scenario.

Several times in fact when i had an L car reserved I was asked if i wanted to drive a (insert prestige car) instead and they comped me upgrades.

I however never used the underage coupon so I couldnt tell you what its good for, I wouldnt plan on it working for anything better then it says though.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:26 am

If u were under 25 last year u could rent a camaro. Now can't. No matter what kind of coupon u have. I work for them and I can't even rent from the adrenaline collection. If it was the fun collection u could. New car class,new rules.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babyboy754
If u were under 25 last year u could rent a camaro. Now can't. No matter what kind of coupon u have. I work for them and I can't even rent from the adrenaline collection. If it was the fun collection u could. New car class,new rules.
Really? Well, that's terrible for sure! I was looking forward to the GT So you're a Hertz associate under 25 and you're not even allowed to rent them?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:40 pm

Correct. But anything can change. For example, you can't book a camaro yet, but we have some as we speak. We're getting them getting them slowly but surely. Hopefully they change that stupid rule. They're also still updating the rules,regulations,and prices.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:14 pm

I can't help but wonder how bad the gas mileage on those things can get. Many underage renters are not really millionaires. And once you sign the contract for the rental, if gas prices spike the next morning, you're screwed. Theoretically unless you pre-paid for a tank of gas.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I can't help but wonder how bad the gas mileage on those things can get. Many underage renters are not really millionaires. And once you sign the contract for the rental, if gas prices spike the next morning, you're screwed. Theoretically unless you pre-paid for a tank of gas.
Yeah, but even if you compare a 30mpg Yaris to a 16mpg Camaro SS that gets 16mpg and gas jumps overnight to $6 per gallon, you're still only talking about a difference of $50 over the course of a 300-mile rental. It's not going to break the bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.