Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by westers
Are all the corvettes automatic with hertz? I'm looking to get one for my dad in FL on christmas day, but he has not driven in the US for a while and even though he drives manuals with us being in the UK, I think pushing it the other way may be too much especially with the power.

Also is $150 for a days rental seen as a good rate these days?
I have never ever seen a manual transmission at a mainstream rental place in the US. The Corvette is no exception, and sadly the auto is is isn't a terribly fast one. (Compared to the VW DSG, Porsche PDK, etc.)
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
I have never ever seen a manual transmission at a mainstream rental place in the US. The Corvette is no exception, and sadly the auto is is isn't a terribly fast one. (Compared to the VW DSG, Porsche PDK, etc.)

thats because the DSG and PDK arent autoboxes lol

and if you think that auto unit is slow you should feel the 4 speed unit in the 05s lol
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:08 pm

It looks like I can't reserve one of these at TPA later this month

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
thats because the DSG and PDK arent autoboxes lol

and if you think that auto unit is slow you should feel the 4 speed unit in the 05s lol
If the car can change gear ratios for you it's an automatic, regardless of technology.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Rented it twice in Honolulu around Christmas as a free upgrade. Could've been 3 times but someone beat me to it.

I think I spotted one in NYC around June/July.

I am planning a trip to Honolulu in November, and would love to rent one of these again. Any information about availability of those beasts around Waikiki are would much appreciated.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aces_high
I think I spotted one in NYC around June/July.
You'r right I had rented one back in the end of july it was a blast had around 40k+ miles on in it.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by EdwinA1
You'r right I had rented one back in the end of july it was a blast had around 40k+ miles on in it.
damn, how did you manage that? I wanted to rent one, but none of the locations had them. I got to cruise around in the Challenger RT and M37, so can't complain.... but vette... i want to drive one again...
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Just got upgraded to a white vette in Miami and saw a red one at PBI. Haven't seen a yellw ZHZ in several months.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aces_high
I am planning a trip to Honolulu in November, and would love to rent one of these again. Any information about availability of those beasts around Waikiki are would much appreciated.
The Yellow ZHZ's are long gone!

Hertz do have the Corvette convertibles at Honolulu but availability is a joke! and it's priced at 3 times the Mustang Convertible.....
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by AndDee
The Yellow ZHZ's are long gone!

Hertz do have the Corvette convertibles at Honolulu but availability is a joke! and it's priced at 3 times the Mustang Convertible.....
And unfortunately you can't even use points to book them anymore either.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:39 pm

Does anyone know if they have these are SFO? I see the website has a photo of a red Corvette now. I have a Challenger RT booked for this weekend to take to LA, i will ask about Corvette's, but don't expect to get one!

edit... thinking about it, my hardside luggage is probably too big. If i got one, it might have to ride along as my passenger!

Last edited by Harok; Sep 20, 2011 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Harok
edit... thinking about it, my hardside luggage is probably too big. If i got one, it might have to ride along as my passenger!
The Chevrolet website says it has 11 cubic feet of space, and can fit two golf bags. Not sure if that's with the top up or down (there's a removable partition to free up more space at the cost of preventing the top from operating).

I can fit two carry-on size bags and a messenger bag in the back and still put the top down.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:17 am

I think it's the height more than anything. There only seems to be about 10inches of that, and i'm sure my case is bigger than that.

They should have kept the coupe! That has way more space, and you can still take part of the roof off at least.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: National EE
I think it's the height more than anything. There only seems to be about 10inches of that, and i'm sure my case is bigger than that.

They should have kept the coupe! That has way more space, and you can still take part of the roof off at least.
I have never had a problem with luggage in the Corvette convertible rentals. There are some dimensions in this post here if you scroll down with some photos that might help you sort out if you luggage will fit...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...unk-photo.html

If you are doing a one-way rental from SFO->LAX the reservation system might not allow you to book that online. You could always ask when you arrive in SFO, although there might be a really high drop fee on the Corvette if they let you.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if they have these are SFO? I see the website has a photo of a red Corvette now. I have a Challenger RT booked for this weekend to take to LA, i will ask about Corvette's, but don't expect to get one!
There are NO ZHZ's left

There are Corvette's are several Hertz locations

SFO being one of them
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by AndDee
There are NO ZHZ's left

There are Corvette's are several Hertz locations

SFO being one of them

I didn't enquire about them in the end, as luggage space would not have worked anyway.

I do have a Challenger R/T though! It is big, and the interior on my previous Ford Focus rental was far superior, but it is fun! and fun is good when you're on Highway 1 in California and it's foggy :/ It makes me giggle like a child when i hit the accelerator I'm from the UK, and we don't have cars like it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.