Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any way to accelerate earning for President's Circle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Sitting on 21 YTD rentals so far, will only make it to 30 based on expected travel through the end of the year. Are there any promos or other ways to reach President's Circle faster?

My company has an agreement with Avis that they will comp people who are halfway to the next status tier with a competitor, so is there any incentive for me to continue after 25 rentals with Hertz when I can switch and be Avis First (top tier) at that point?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

From speaking with Hertz CSR, just found out that you can also reach PC with 120 days rented or $7,000 revenue (base rate only, not including extras like taxes, satellite, nav, gas).
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nfg05
From speaking with Hertz CSR, just found out that you can also reach PC with 120 days rented or $7,000 revenue (base rate only, not including extras like taxes, satellite, nav, gas).
Interesting, I remember not too long ago on this forum people were reiterating how the 30 rental policy was the only qualifier, and the absurdity that you could rent a few cars for a long time and get nothing. I have about 7 weeks this year in Prestige collection cars, a couple weeks in a Mustang, 4 in a Camaro, 1 in an Escalade and 1 in a Corvette. I also book on the Hertz UK website thanks to it's lower rates and inclusive insurance. So I guess that puts me at not enough days or enough revenue

Oh well, good to know theres another way. I'm a leisure renter only so would never make 30 rentals
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
As an FYI: Even after you reach 30 rentals they won't "promote" you to presidents circle until you call them, or if not until the next April when they do the status run.

There isn't a fast track (Unless you buy your way to platinum) and Hertz are unlikely to do you a special offer since many companies use their cars so there is no reason to do you a special deal.

Of course, once you get to PC you're likely to be disappointed anyway :P
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sajgidda

Oh well, good to know theres another way. I'm a leisure renter only so would never make 30 rentals
40 in US
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:03 am

You can pay $250 for the upgrade (not worth it is the consensus in the forums though). Log into Hertz.com, go to Special Offers --> #1 Club Gold --> Upgrade to PC
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by lowfareair
You can pay $250 for the upgrade (not worth it is the consensus in the forums though). Log into Hertz.com, go to Special Offers --> #1 Club Gold --> Upgrade to PC
Really? Not worth it? How so. THis is the first year that I'm even close and i was tinking of doing a few cheap ond day rentals to get up to 40. It would probably be cheaper to just buy it, but not if it's not worth it. So, in 25 words or less.....why isn't it worth it?

Also, how do you find out how many DAYS you've rented?

TIA,
Randidliyo
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by randidliyo
So, in 25 words or less.....why isn't it worth it?
"Guaranteed" upgrades are only available at limited locations and are still not always honoured without a fight. Customer service is unchanged from gold - still poor.

(And I'd forgotten about the buy up to Gold being available as well as plat)
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I'm one of those who do think it would be worth it. I've qualified for PC on rentals mostly, but this year I paid. I find I get upgrades almost all the time. In a handful of non-corporate locations I have not been upgraded, but the only constant non-upgrade has been CLT. Even in Brazil (franchise) and Latvia+Lithuania (same franchise in those two) I have been upgraded. At NCE I consistently have had loaded MB C200 for a mid-range rental.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:15 am
Original Poster

You have to call to find out your YTD revenue and days rented.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
All of this information is available in the other thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...explained.html
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by randidliyo
Really? Not worth it? How so. THis is the first year that I'm even close and i was tinking of doing a few cheap ond day rentals to get up to 40. It would probably be cheaper to just buy it, but not if it's not worth it. So, in 25 words or less.....why isn't it worth it?
Let me qualify that, as there are a couple times where I could see PC being worth it:

-You often travel at the last minute and find yourself in a sold out rental lot(guaranteed reservations with 2 hours notice)

-You are required to book a car class by your company, but absolutely hate the cars in that class but like the class above it (i.e. hate Nissan Versas but wouldn't mind a Corolla/Mazda3)

Other than those two situations, there's not many more benefits. The extra 15% points bonus over 5* is nice, but really doesn't do much. If PC offered a 50% bonus rather than 25, then it would become a different story.

Off-topic slightly, but how many stations offer the guaranteed reservation/upgrade? Is there a list, or is it really just corporate vs. franchisee?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:36 am

Off-topic slightly, but how many stations offer the guaranteed reservation/upgrade? Is there a list, or is it really just corporate vs. franchisee?
From me, primarily as a UK renter, I have it in writing from the Hertz team that deals with my employer's corporate account that it only applies to airport locations within the UK: so essentially you pay your airport surcharge but rather than it being pure profit it goes to getting you a slightly nicer car. LHR have treated me well, MAN less so, not rented at the others enough to offer a good view.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I meet your criteria below:

...there are a couple times where I could see PC being worth it:

-You often travel at the last minute and find yourself in a sold out rental lot(guaranteed reservations with 2 hours notice)

I could not disagree more - guaranteed reservations? My standard reservations have caused me to be turned away without a car twice.

My spend is already well over 7k with Hertz and I've approved more than 10x that amount of rental from Hertz alone on expense reports.

Pakse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.