Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Standard Convertible @ LAX, chances to get Mustang?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Convertible @ LAX, chances to get Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I was at Hertz at LAX on 8/24/11 and was told they are not even stocking Mustangs right now.
Stupidity by Hertz, it really is!

The Mustang is not even listed when making bookings anymore, it's just the pathetic Mitsubishi

There is the Ford Mustang GT Premium but they will only have a very small number of these

Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by AndDee
Stupidity by Hertz, it really is!

The Mustang is not even listed when making bookings anymore, it's just the pathetic Mitsubishi
It makes customer service sense for them to list the worse car and pleasantly surprise people than the other way around.

(I've been driving a Mitsubishi for about ten years and wouldn't mind trying the Eclipse.)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:19 pm

Driving along highway 1 today in California and there were so many Mustangs! (just like in Yosemite). The best i got was three in a row, all following each other.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
I was looking to book a mustang online from LAX for the 12-feb pickup - can't see any except the Mustang GT. Not even a sebring in sight!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Well you have the following:

Corvette Convertible
Eclipse Spyder or similar - MAY be a Mustang
Mustang GT Premium

Hertz really needs to get the standard mustang convertible back at LAX and BOOKABLE
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:33 pm

My experience with the Eclipse from LAX was nothing but positive. Pretty awesome vehicle, well maintained every time. Little jumpy on the gas, but it IS a rental.

I think LAX has two standard Mustangs if I'm not mistaken.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 3:42 pm

Anyone updated on this subject? I'm thinking of renting a "Chrysler 200 or Similar", but really really likes the Mustang. I will be renting @ LAX in January.

Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jeppe Alexander Hertz
Anyone updated on this subject? I'm thinking of renting a "Chrysler 200 or Similar", but really really likes the Mustang. I will be renting @ LAX in January.
I was offered the Chrysler 200 convertable as a Mobile Gold Upgrade choice (for free...after hitting cars with navigation) from my Carfirmation on my F Gold reservation on Friday at LAX. I was also offered a Mustang convertable for $10 extra per day.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
At LAX they have a mix of Chrysler 200, the last remaining Eclipse Spyders and the VW Eos in this category, as well as plenty of Mustang which may or may not be deemed to be in the same class depending on whether this week the Mustang is separately bookable or not (it keeps changing).

The Eclipse is the most challenged for luggage space. Not driven a 200, but its predecessor was nothing to write home about, and luggage room in that was very poor with the roof down.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
At LAX they have a mix of Chrysler 200, the last remaining Eclipse Spyders and the VW Eos in this category, as well as plenty of Mustang which may or may not be deemed to be in the same class depending on whether this week the Mustang is separately bookable or not (it keeps changing).

The Eclipse is the most challenged for luggage space. Not driven a 200, but its predecessor was nothing to write home about, and luggage room in that was very poor with the roof down.
I currently hold a reservation for a "Nissan Altima 2-door or similar". Upgrading to "Chrysler 200 or similar" with prepay is around $100 more, but a guaranteed Mustang Convertible is almost double the price of the "Chrysler 200 or similar", so thats out of the picture. What would be better - upgrading to the Convertible STAR class with prepay and hope for a Mustang, or keeping my current reservation, trying to haggle for an upgrade on the spot?

Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
As far as I can tell, the only car on fleet in Group D is the Altima 2 door (unless someone can find the last of the Galants), and they only have a few of them at LAX, so you are pretty likely to get upgraded into something else anyway.

You can usually get a much "better" deal by negotiating an upgrade on site with the counter rep, as they are incented to sell upgrades and they can base what they offer availability at the time. If I were you, I would leave your reservation as it is, and see what they offer you on arrival.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:30 am

That's what I'll do then. Thanks for the advice

Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
In the Gold Choice area at 9 am at LAX this morning, there were 4 convertibles (out of 10 cars...6 of the 16 slots were empty), a Chrysler 200 CV, two Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder CV's and a Mustang CV for no additional cost.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by CalItalian
In the Gold Choice area at 9 am at LAX this morning, there were 4 convertibles (out of 10 cars...6 of the 16 slots were empty), a Chrysler 200 CV, two Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder CV's and a Mustang CV for no additional cost.
I wonder if that has to do with tomorrow's weather forecast (rain).
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown, Hilton Gold
I had a horrible experience in LAX in August. I had reserved a Mustang Convertible via the "Reserve this EXACT model" link on their website for a road trip to Vegas.

Despite being Gold, I was given a Camero instead as there were no Mustangs available. The fact I had reserved "that exact model" appeared to be lost on the desk staff and customer services.

Won't be using Hertz again as a result.

Regards

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.