Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:41 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Yes it is. I ran your dates and plenty of choices came up.
What codes are you using. Coming up as a C note a day for me.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:05 am
jpz

I've been struggling to find a good rate to rent in Ireland for a week. Right now I have a rate of 189 Euros plus the 22 Euro airport fee for an economy manual with no air.

Most of the diso....s don't work in Europe. The best discount I've found so far is: Save 15% in Europe using CDP 765075. I've also seen the 500 point double upgrade but unfortunately I don't have enough points.

Anyone received good rates in Europe that could help me out?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
None of the recent coupons work with my Corporate Leisure CDP. The price goes up by $60 or more when I try to combine my CDP.

Pretty weak from Hertz on the other hand Avis is gladly accepting all their coupons at a lower rate than Hertz using my corporte Leisure AWD.

Wish Hertz can make their coupons good with any rates.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:17 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by nrjanga
None of the recent coupons work with my Corporate Leisure CDP. The price goes up by $60 or more when I try to combine my CDP.

Pretty weak from Hertz on the other hand Avis is gladly accepting all their coupons at a lower rate than Hertz using my corporte Leisure AWD.

Wish Hertz can make their coupons good with any rates.
I doubt this was intentional on Hertz's part. Their pricing systems have all sorts of weird side effects after years of code changes. I don't know that they even understand all the nuances themselves. Feel free to PM me details of your rental along with your CDP, and I'll see what I can do for you.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by briantoronto
What codes are you using. Coming up as a C note a day for me.
I don't know what you are doing wrong but plenty of cars are STILL available for your dates from BUR-PHX on RQ: DRV5. $5 for a economy (no compact now), $9.99 for a midsize, $14.99 for a full size, $19.99 for a midsize SUV. You can use CDP's and PC's to reduce that rate.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:02 pm

I don't know what you are doing wrong but plenty of cars are STILL available for your dates from BUR-PHX on RQ: DRV5. $5 for a economy (no compact now), $9.99 for a midsize, $14.99 for a full size, $19.99 for a midsize SUV. You can use CDP's and PC's to reduce that rate.
Is there a link for this Drive5 promo -putting the code in for the dates and stations listed returns for me: The Rate Code you've selected - DRV5 is not available for this rental either because that location isn't participating or some requirement for the offer hasn't been met.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:13 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Is there a link for this Drive5 promo -putting the code in for the dates and stations listed returns for me: The Rate Code you've selected - DRV5 is not available for this rental either because that location isn't participating or some requirement for the offer hasn't been met.
http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/bb-865...-special-offer
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:19 am

Thanks but that link only opens up the general offer page for me with no mention of the DRV5 offer

Any search I do on the DRV5 rate only gives me info on an offer that ended 30th June 2012

I can find this page but it is even more expired:

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specia...xml&Category=Q
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:28 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Thanks but that link only opens up the general offer page for me with no mention of the DRV5 offer

Any search I do on the DRV5 rate only gives me info on an offer that ended 30th June 2012

I can find this page but it is even more expired:

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specia...xml&Category=Q
It will only show up if you select "United States" from the country drop-down. You may have to click, change the country to United States, and refresh the page. If you have a profile with a base country other than the US, do this after logging in.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:47 am

Thanks for that briantoronto- resolved the issue.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
PC# 173390 follow-up

Originally Posted by chemist661
Posted this coupon in the other Coupon Code thread.

Save up to $30 for weekend/weekly at Hertz locations. Works for airport and HLE's. Better than the AAA coupon because it works with other CDP's. This one expires 9/30/12. PC #173390.

PC # 173390. A very good one. I normally do not double post but I trust this coupon was worth it!!
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
This is a great PC! Do you think you could post the link to this? I just used it for a rental this August at SLC and one of the messages at the bottom was "COUPON MAY BE REQUIRED AT RETURN" -- since my dad will be returning it and not me, I don't want him to get in trouble

Thanks

-J.
Just following up: this CDP now shows on the Whiz Kidz PC list that Rut Dog and AutoSlash mentioned, so I'm guessing you don't need any kind of backup for this PC

This may be one of the best PCs of the season. Way to go chemist661 ^

-J.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:45 pm

anyone know any code for one week care rental for maui??? it's so expensive~ =( I am still on the hunt for end of this month trip to maui. anyone know any good deals? thanks
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Newly updated Hertz website

Anyone else having issues with trying to change PC's in a previoulsy booked reservation? I keep getting this message if I try to change a PC
•Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]
The new site also keeps defaulting to the last coupon I seached in the system and I can't change it unless I log out.

I'm on vacation right now and when I left Hertz LAX on Saturday night (they literally had no cars and a number of us Gold customers had to wait in the office for a space number to go to) for the FIRST TIME EVER the entire breakdown of the rental, including the coupon amount (in bold type) and final total, was showing on my 3-day weekend - which ends Tuesday night - rental contract (which I got at the gate).
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hertz Platinum (Invited)
Anyone else having issues with trying to change PC's in a previoulsy booked reservation? I keep getting this message if I try to change a PC
•Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]
The new site also keeps defaulting to the last coupon I seached in the system and I can't change it unless I log out.
I've had numerous issues today with the new website. I hope they fix the bugs soon!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:01 am

Hertz UK codes

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to the UK next month. If anyone knows any Hertz UK discount codes it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.