Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by AndrewAndDebbie
This hasn't been mentioned for several years --

CDP 2007815 Hertz 50+ -- It still works, gives good discounts and can be combined with many PCs.
I just qualified for this :-(
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mhankosky
Not sure if anyone has posted this here before, but Marriott Rewards users can get up to 35% off of Hertz Rentals.USE DISCOUNT CDP# 154080 and PC# 305012

To my surprise, this gave us a better rate than USAA, AAA + various PC, Hertz 50+ and everything else I tried.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:43 pm

This may be a well trodden subject, but my forum search failed me (of course, having said that, I'll probably find the appropriate post right after sending this). Anyway, I'm looking to book a ~3 week rental from PHX, and after trial and error, I'm able to get my Marriott rewards number to give me a 10% discount. BUT, it only gives me a "pay at location" price. I can't seem to get to the pre-paid price at all.

If I try a code like the Delta one, I get pre-paid and pay at location. I'm not a Delta member, but assuming it's free, I may well join to say myself some 70 odd euro. But I thought I'd check if the problem was between keyboard and chair, or if this is well known.

(I'm using hertz.ie if that makes any difference and I'm logged into my Gold a/c, with my M# stored in my profile).
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:03 am

Try entering "BEST" as an RQ. Always works for me when I use the Marriott CDP.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:34 am

Thanks Bacchus, but I get the same results with that RQ (assuming I should leave the CDP and PC in place too). Interestingly, the same CDP and PC on hertz.com reduces the price from ~$1500 to ~$1000, so the code is correct, I suspect just something funky on hertz.ie
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:33 pm

Huh, that's really weird. I tried it again before I posted and I just did again and it's again working for me.

So yeah, I don't know why it's not working for you either...
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
psychokilla, it looks like your automatically chosen residence is what makes the difference. If you go to Hert.com from outside of the USA it defaults to the residency based on your IP address
You can change your country/language it in the top right corner
Old May 10, 2016, 1:20 am

Is there a PC that reduces the price for Sirius XM satellite radio?
Old May 10, 2016, 11:29 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by sokolov
Is there a PC that reduces the price for Sirius XM satellite radio?
AAA members get a 50% discount off the daily rate. The AAA CDP (1805452) can usually be paired with an excellent AAA PC code/coupon to further reduce your cost, which basically makes AAA membership a no-brainer if you want SiriusXM for a rental of anything more than a few days.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
AAA members get a 50% discount off the daily rate. The AAA CDP (1805452) can usually be paired with an excellent AAA PC code/coupon to further reduce your cost, which basically makes AAA membership a no-brainer if you want SiriusXM for a rental of anything more than a few days.
TNX. I tried that AAA CDP. Sirius was indeed $4 cheaper, but the car rate was >$5 more expensive than with the generic VISA CDP. No gain there.

I'm not aware of a PC code for a one weekday rental. So I thought maybe there is one for Sirius XM.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Has anyone ever used the United MileagePlus CDP and PC for Hertz? When I book with PC 305023, the reservation page shows the regular price and says "discount will be applied at the counter." Does anyone know how nice the discount is?
Old May 12, 2016, 10:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by AtomicGiraffe
Has anyone ever used the United MileagePlus CDP and PC for Hertz? When I book with PC 305023, the reservation page shows the regular price and says "discount will be applied at the counter." Does anyone know how nice the discount is?
The price will be whatever is shown on the final confirmation page of Hertz.com. the message you are seeing is boilerplate text that is displayed anytime Hertz's website can't figure out how much of a discount the PC code attached to the reservation confers. In this case, PC 305023 does not offer any $-off but rather gives you 1,500 bonus miles assuming:

a) You have booked with CDP 62455 and PC 305023

b) You choose an intermediate car or higher

c) You have booked with your Hertz Gold# and you have chosen to accrue UA frequent flyer points rather than Hertz Gold Rewards.

In short, the PC for the bonus miles means you will not be able to apply a PC for any sort of additional money off by using a coupon. On a shorter rental it may be only $5 but on a longer rental it could be $30 or more, not to mention that you are forfeiting Hertz Gold Rewards points, and also paying a Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day, so it all depends on how much you value the UA points as to whether it even makes sense to go this route.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Well, United's CDP does provide some discounts, so I might just use the CDP and pair it with another PC code. Thanks AutoSlash!
Old May 14, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by AtomicGiraffe
Well, United's CDP does provide some discounts, so I might just use the CDP and pair it with another PC code. Thanks AutoSlash!
This is unwise if you want to take advante of the Spring Bonus offer. If you use a PC, you will not receive bonus points.

But if you are collecting United miles (and not Hertz Gold Rewards points), then you don't profit from the Spring Bonus anyway.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sokolov
This is unwise if you want to take advante of the Spring Bonus offer. If you use a PC, you will not receive bonus points.

But if you are collecting United miles (and not Hertz Gold Rewards points), then you don't profit from the Spring Bonus anyway.
Not true. Using a PC does not stop you from getting bonus points (Spring Bonus offer or otherwise).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.