Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
Could someone please direct me to a thread to the right thread or help me me with a low long term Rental rate in Ft Myers, where I want to rent off site for two months 3/1 to 430, a compact or intermediate auto. the best I've found is about $740 a month.
I've found $650 per month in the past but usually there were 25% discounts on Delta sites or United which I can't find this year Thanks for any help. I have no elite status with any airline or hotel, I'm Hertz gold and belong to AAA; also have most of the bigger airline cards. HEY, LEAFPILE SOLVED MY PROBLEM AND FOUND A GOOD RATE

Last edited by dapet; Feb 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:45 am

any codes i could use for upcoming rental in Melbourne Australia?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Air France up to 24% off

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar//spec...xml&Category=P

This year marks the 24th year of the longstanding Air France partnership! So to celebrate, this Valentine’s week Hertz are giving all Air France customers up to 24% off worldwide rentals on rentals until 30 September 2013.

Booking period: 11- 18 February 2013
Travel period: Until 11 February- 30 September 2013
Use discount code (CDP): 736632 (this will automatically be applied when booking from this page)

Book this Valentines week special offer before it’s too late!

Pity I can't seem to get any PCs to stick with this
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by E14 26C
up to 24%
When I try it at stateside HLEs I get more like 5%.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:56 pm

Tried 148396/179491/178253/172196. Nothing brings the rate down.

Need one-way MVAR or SUV, ex-MSY. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:22 pm

FYI

Somewhat off topic, but still good to know...

Ive been constantly checking rates for ATL on hertz.ca and the prices have been extremely high. When I turned on hotspot shield and went to hertz.com the weekly rates dropped by at least $50!!

I can't believe how we're getting killed here in Canada for the exact same rental dates and times! I wonder if the same is true for Americans trying to book rentals in Canada?!

Shame on you hertz ripping off "foreigners". And on hertz.ca the prices are still quoted in USD, so you can't even blame it on the exchange rate

Last edited by umieesa; Feb 22, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by umieesa

Ive been constantly checking rates for ATL on hertz.ca and the prices have been extremely high. When I turned on hotspot shield and went to hertz.com the weekly rates dropped by at least $50!!
Good to know, I'm going to have to be more careful with my US price checking for rentals!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:58 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Anyone has a PC for a one way rental or a one day rental ..?? I have a one day one way rental going to the airport.. no pc seems to stack up...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by simz
Anyone has a PC for a one way rental or a one day rental ..?? I have a one day one way rental going to the airport.. no pc seems to stack up...
If it's in the same general area (my example: 1148 South Main Street HLE to SLC International Airport) then they usually consider them co-locations (I guess that's one way of putting it), i.e. you can use PCs and promo RQs on rates between the two locations. Other than that, discounts on one-way rentals (other than CDP discounts and the occasional drive-in/out specials) are very few and far between.

When is your rental, and when during the week is it? There are a few PCs good for weekend days (168210, 175232, et al.) that should work on single day reservations. Not sure if these will work, but for weekday reservations you can give 175221, 180235, 172196, 176831, as well as 168210 a shot; AFAIK none of these have rental length minimums, but I could be wrong (or they could simply not work on hertz.dumb )

-J.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:21 pm

anyone have any codes to rent Adrenaline or prestige vehicles?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by imajin
anyone have any codes to rent Adrenaline or prestige vehicles?
PC# 178091 will save you $10 per day, up to $40 off, rentals of a Prestige or Adrenaline Collection vehicle. Valid through the end of May

-J.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold, AVIS Preferred, SIXT Platinum
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
PC# 178091 will save you $10 per day, up to $40 off, rentals of a Prestige or Adrenaline Collection vehicle. Valid through the end of May

-J.
Yeah tried this code for a few days now. It sucks...You get the $40 of true, but the prices are rammed up at the same time plus I normally get LDW included since I am a foreigner... that is automatically removed and it won't work good with other CDP's.

Normally I would give roughly $600 for a week long rental on a Merc C-Class and I get 15% of with my AAA and $25 with the daily $5 off coupon.

With the Prestige/Adrenaline $40 off, the total price is suddenly $995 EXCLUDING LDW.

Sometimes their pricing system is just so goddamn weird.

Might also just be that the locations I choose aren't participating, but I highly doubt either MIA or FLL aren't doing this PC properly.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:23 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
If it's in the same general area (my example: 1148 South Main Street HLE to SLC International Airport) then they usually consider them co-locations (I guess that's one way of putting it), i.e. you can use PCs and promo RQs on rates between the two locations. Other than that, discounts on one-way rentals (other than CDP discounts and the occasional drive-in/out specials) are very few and far between.

When is your rental, and when during the week is it? There are a few PCs good for weekend days (168210, 175232, et al.) that should work on single day reservations. Not sure if these will work, but for weekday reservations you can give 175221, 180235, 172196, 176831, as well as 168210 a shot; AFAIK none of these have rental length minimums, but I could be wrong (or they could simply not work on hertz.dumb )

-J.
Thanksman.. 180235 and 172196 both are working.. got my rate down by $5.. which is almost 10%..

I am renting from Harborside Financial Centre (Jersey City) to Newark airport..
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:46 am

Question Amex Plat

First time renter on Hertz...

Been checking rates with various CDP and PC's, best deals seem to be with Amex Plat CDP 633306. Problem is I don't have an Amex card...is anyone eligible to use this CDP?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:20 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by Crille
First time renter on Hertz...

Been checking rates with various CDP and PC's, best deals seem to be with Amex Plat CDP 633306. Problem is I don't have an Amex card...is anyone eligible to use this CDP?
Yeah.. u can go ahead and use it.. They "USUALLY" don't question the CDP code.. in the off chance they do, tell them you haven't got it with you or you choose not to pay with it.. The CDP doesn't have any rule saying you need to use the card to pay for the rental (AFAIK)..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.