Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by chemist661
Posted this coupon in the other Coupon Code thread.

Save up to $30 for weekend/weekly at Hertz locations. Works for airport and HLE's. Better than the AAA coupon because it works with other CDP's. This one expires 9/30/12. CDP #173390.

I rebooked two airport reservations. Also checked my local HLE's (I check for weekend deals at my local HLE's) but they are semi expensive. Coupon worked at 2 different HLE's in Southern Calif and that was both with/without my Hertz #.

CDP # 173390. A very good one. I normally do not double post but I trust this coupon was worth it!!
You mean PC 173390 (not CDP 173390).

And that PC 173390 is a AAA PC which works with non AAA CDPs.

And yes, it is a very good one. Thanks for posting.

I book weekends at my HLE months in advance, before the PCs are made available. This locks in the lowest rate; then I look for PCs like this one and add them at the counter at the time of rental. Works like a charm.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by chemist661
Posted this coupon in the other Coupon Code thread.

Save up to $30 for weekend/weekly at Hertz locations. Works for airport and HLE's. Better than the AAA coupon because it works with other CDP's. This one expires 9/30/12. PC #173390.

PC # 173390. A very good one. I normally do not double post but I trust this coupon was worth it!!
This is a great PC! Do you think you could post the link to this? I just used it for a rental this August at SLC and one of the messages at the bottom was "COUPON MAY BE REQUIRED AT RETURN" -- since my dad will be returning it and not me, I don't want him to get in trouble

Thanks

-J.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AirTran, Marriott
I'm sending my sis out to LAX for a job interview on Sep 18-24th. She's going to just need a small econobox. She's got a Delta Skymiles Amex, and a Hertz gold if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions for Hertz LAX or is it better to try one of the generics that comes up?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:18 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by gugnheim
I'm sending my sis out to LAX for a job interview on Sep 18-24th. She's going to just need a small econobox. She's got a Delta Skymiles Amex, and a Hertz gold if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions for Hertz LAX or is it better to try one of the generics that comes up?
Try CDP 165385 for Delta Skymiles members and then pair it with a PC code 135892. That should get you to $289.25. AAA (CDP 1805452) would save you a few bucks more.

It's also worth noting that Hertz is substantially higher than other companies right now. Advantage (which is owned by Hertz) is at $122.09 for an ECAR after discounts.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta, AirTran, Marriott
Thanks, much appreciated. I'll look into it!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:54 am

Is this site run by one of you? http://zipada.com/

It's a surprisingly clean site with all the latest Hertz deals, and no ads!

Then only way they seem to be making money is by plugging in their CDP, which you can always change. And they aren't really making money, just a free day for every 8 days rented.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
Is this site run by one of you? http://zipada.com/

It's a surprisingly clean site with all the latest Hertz deals, and no ads!

Then only way they seem to be making money is by plugging in their CDP, which you can always change. And they aren't really making money, just a free day for every 8 days rented.
Same as http://www.whizkidz.com/discounts/
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Jonathan, you definitely are a whiz kid!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Does anyone have a code for an upgrade in Luxembourg? I got a decent rate of 290 EU for a week, but it's on a economy car w/o air Would love to be able to ride in comfort!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Anthemflyer
Does anyone have a code for an upgrade in Luxembourg? I got a decent rate of 290 EU for a week, but it's on a economy car w/o air Would love to be able to ride in comfort!
You can use 500 points to get a double upgrade. See this post: Leverage the 500 point double upgrade reward -- Up to 11 Months
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:28 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Need HERTZ discount/uograde for Spain Aug 2012

Need HERTZ discount/uograde for Spain Aug 2012, please
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by m44
Need HERTZ discount/uograde for Spain Aug 2012, please
It's a lot easier than you think... here are two that I think you can use. All of these are showing under Europe in the global destinations section of the discounts and coupons on hertz.com.

There's another one with a 15%- and 20%-off RQ but it requires an advance purchase; if you're looking to make a reservation for this month you won't be able to use that one.

-J.

P.S.... 500th post on FT! :-:
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
You can use 500 points to get a double upgrade. See this post: Leverage the 500 point double upgrade reward -- Up to 11 Months
I ended up switching a paid rental for a Gold points and was told that you can't use the points upgrade option on a free weekly rental. I thought I'd check at the counter when we arrive and see what I can get for points or $.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:27 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Is the AZ 5$ drive in still on? Tried Sep 29- Oct 2 from BUR to PHX with a no go. Might have to fly :S
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by briantoronto
Is the AZ 5$ drive in still on? Tried Sep 29- Oct 2 from BUR to PHX with a no go. Might have to fly :S
Yes it is. I ran your dates and plenty of choices came up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.