Wiki Posts
Search

What should I expect at time of rental.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
What should I expect at time of rental.

This will be my first ever non airport rental with any rental car agency.

I will be renting from New Haven HLE (Train Station).
First time renting as a Gold 5* with a mid-size car.

Wanted to know what should I expect when renting at a HLE? I really wanted to get a Prius but they didn't have any green collection cars as a choice. Should I tip the agent a 20 for a better upgrade choice? I usually do this at the airport and I have never been disappointed. I'm very excited to be trying this company after many years with National. I enjoy being able to drive many different type of cars.

Also what do you think about a weekly rental priced out at 250 all in with loss damage waiver?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
since youre renting at an HLE usually they have very few (if any extra cars) i think tipping would be silly in this instance as most stock literally 5-10 cars at atime if that. You might get a full-size or something by chance....slim-nothing says they have something really nice turned in from another location and you can ask for it, they might give it to you just to get it off the lot.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I rented from the Fairfield HLE a couple weekends ago. I got the last car they had on the lot (which actually was a prius, so I didn't mind since I was putting a good amount of miles on it).

I wouldn't expect much in the way of choice, but you could try to give them a call in the morning and ask what they have available or what they are bringing up that day and ask for something.

They may laugh at you, or they may say at such and such a time we are expecting a prius if you are here then we may have it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.