Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using a 2500 point free week (non peak) rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

When I select a 2500 point free week (non peak) rental, it gives me only two option for car class Standard and Full Size. Is there an opportunity to upgrade at the airport to a different class for cash or more points? I think I'm going to need more room than a full size.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Sometimes they will upgrade you on points, but I wouldn't count on it. If you need something like a van, suv, premium or luxury vehicle, you would have to use the specialty vehicle non peak which is 4000 points. I'm pretty sure they will upgrade you if you pay extra.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Yes you can upgrade at the airport for cash - you should try to bargain for it to ensure you get a good price. I have done this before and would do it again.

E
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kballz
When I select a 2500 point free week (non peak) rental, it gives me only two option for car class Standard and Full Size. Is there an opportunity to upgrade at the airport to a different class for cash or more points? I think I'm going to need more room than a full size.
Booked a 2500 free week in ATL at the beginning of April. Had a Camry in my stall, and got upgraded to a loaded GMC Acadia with rear seat entertainment for the kids for $20 a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.