Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG/Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Plat Pro
SUVs as PC Ultimate Choice Options at SLC?

Booked a 3 day rental in October for a wedding. I would like an SUV (e.g., Tahoe or something similar), but I've reserved an Intermediate using AAA rate. Any chance the PC UC aisle has SUVs? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:55 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Seems recent reports from 2018 showed SUV's available in PC..

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 18, 2018 at 2:53 am Reason: thanks for the link; thread moved into consolidated SLC
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: DAL, HTZ
Originally Posted by DarkLord925
Booked a 3 day rental in October for a wedding. I would like an SUV (e.g., Tahoe or something similar), but I've reserved an Intermediate using AAA rate. Any chance the PC UC aisle has SUVs? Thanks in advance!
Just picked up from SLC PC. There was a Ford Explorer in PC and a couple mid-size SUVs in 5Star. That said, I've rented from SLC in the winter months and the selection of SUVs was much better with the threat of snow, so you may have better luck in October.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Had a collection on Sunday, around 6 pm. PC lot was full with lots of Malibu's, an Impreza, a couple of Wranglers and 1 Ford Explorer. I believe that there was also a Sorento. I had booked a Full size and had expected to get a nice upgrade, but when I asked if I could get the Infinity parked under the Premium Upgrade, I was told by the manager on duty that I had to pay for it.
Not very happy that even booking a Full Size they will not be lenient enough to give the Infinity as an upgrade (and it was just the Q50). Did voice my displeasure about it and of course he came out with yes, for us this is our policy, etc... I settled in the end for the Impreza as I've driven it before and it is quite a nice car to drive.

Will book the next time just a C -group rather than spending more for no upgrade.

Cheers!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Arrived last Tuesday morning and the PC line was full of SUVs including larger ones like Sequoia and the Tahoe I ended up with. There were lots of mini vans and smaller SUVs too, very few sedans though. The Tahoe was a '19 model year with low mileage, 4x4, sunroof and working XM and was nice for my needs.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Just what I came to this thread looking for. I was planning on going to Park City end of Feb/early March and when I went last year there was no issue with the roads it's nice to know a good chance to get some sort of SUV.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:50 pm

This time of year SUV's sell out quick. I reserved one a month ago for my mid-January trip. I just checked inventory and I see Premium SUV's are sold out.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
This time of year SUV's sell out quick. I reserved one a month ago for my mid-January trip. I just checked inventory and I see Premium SUV's are sold out.
Over the holidays Premium SUVs were available as upgrades at prices of $85 or more. Even though a few were in the Premium Upgrade Zone, I was told the $25 upgrade program for Presidents Club had been discontinued.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jja34-1
Over the holidays Premium SUVs were available as upgrades at prices of $85 or more. Even though a few were in the Premium Upgrade Zone, I was told the $25 upgrade program for Presidents Club had been discontinued.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:42 pm

@dayone I figured the special upgrade rate had not gone away, but it was 1:30 am and the holiday season so wasn't in the mood to argue with the Hertz representative. Fortunately it didn't really snow while I was in SLC so not having four wheel drive was not an issue.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:31 am

I have President's Circle status and the Amex Plat benefits. Was thinking of booking from the "Prestige" collection since it will be a 2 week+ trip with lots of driving. However, if President' Circle will get me a pretty nice ride, then I might just book a regular rate. What class of car should I book to get the best possible upgrade options? Does SLC treat President's Circle members pretty well? I will be arriving on a Thursday.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
You qualify for PC lot when booking a midsize car or higher. i would make 2 reservations and upon arrival, cancel the unused reservation.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:59 pm

Just rented at SLC as a PC member in early February. Pretty vanilla selection when I was there - lots of the typical boring sedans and small 2WD crossovers. I was looking for AWD to head to the mountains, and did find a couple to choose from - a Subaru Legacy and a big Dodge pickup. Nothing in the PC lot that I'd describe as fun or luxury that day.
Joonydell likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: HH, SPG
Just booked for a week arriving end of May, wonder how the UC selection at SLC compares with LAX or LAS..
Old May 1, 2019, 8:27 am

Of all the places I rent SLC upgrades me 100% of the time as a Plat. (unlike many other stations) I now book the cheapest and always end up with a Infiniti Q50 or Volvo. Last rental I booked a small SUV and was upgraded to a Range Rover.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.