Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:11 am

SLC had the best selection of cars I've seen at a Hertz lot since summer 2020. PC had a couple Explorer Limiteds, a Mustang, and some other nicer cars I can't remember. Gold was almost exclusively small SUVs with new model Ford Escapes and a Toyota Venza in the mix.

There was nothing you don't see on a National lot every day. It's just the best Hertz has put out in forever.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Friday November 18 around 0915h
of aisle had about 10 of the same Buick enclaves. Had a couple wranglers, and two large pickups (sorry I wasn’t interested so I didn’t note the model)

a couple of broncos as well.
I took the enclave - nice trim and pretty smooth ride.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
recent data points for SLC

Any recent data points for SLC? Heading there this Friday with a morning arrival.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rj123456
Any recent data points for SLC? Heading there this Friday with a morning arrival.
I was there right after Christmas 12/26. The only cars available in PC/5* were Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs, and a couple of Chargers. Unfortunately it was snowing around that time. I went with the Charger… not the greatest on snowy roads, but I made do. I asked the staff and nothing else was available.

It’s probably a little better now after the busy holiday season and typically you can get a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:44 pm

All the SUVs I saw at SLC the other day were 2WD.
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
I was there right after Christmas 12/26. The only cars available in PC/5* were Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs, and a couple of Chargers. Unfortunately it was snowing around that time. I went with the Charger… not the greatest on snowy roads, but I made do. I asked the staff and nothing else was available.

It’s probably a little better now after the busy holiday season and typically you can get a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 28, 2023 at 2:52 am
Old Jan 27, 2023, 4:42 pm

How did it look today?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:12 pm

Almost 0 AWD in PC Gold 5star

Originally Posted by secret
How did it look today?

Lots of huge SUVs but nothing overt to show they were AWD on Friday at 9AM. Spent 30 mins checking out several and was about to settle for a Traverse when an employee drove in a freshly washed and wet MBZ A220 with a big 4Matic decal on the back (FWIW, Virginia plates and 22K miles).

A tight squeeze with all our ski stuff but glad to have it as it has been snowing (lightly) almost all the time we have been here (Park City).
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Does anyone know what the Compact SUV in SLC is? Says Buick Enclave or SImilar. Is the compact SUV a better option than an intermediate car? When I was there in December just about every SUV in the lot was AWD. That does not seem to be the case now.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Echoing the above comments, I was just here and this location is purposely putting four-wheel-drive SUVs in reserved sections and not into the PC section. They end up having a bunch of 2WD SUVs in PC that are not suitable for the winter. Not cool. The only AWD car in PC was a BMW 2 series convertible. Ended up taking a 2WD Ford Expedition Max, which is a nice car, but not ideal with the snow recently.
They are definitely under new management, as I have never had trouble getting an AWD vehicle from PC in the winter ever before.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by pregabalin
Echoing the above comments, I was just here and this location is purposely putting four-wheel-drive SUVs in reserved sections and not into the PC section. They end up having a bunch of 2WD SUVs in PC that are not suitable for the winter. Not cool. The only AWD car in PC was a BMW 2 series convertible. Ended up taking a 2WD Ford Expedition Max, which is a nice car, but not ideal with the snow recently.
They are definitely under new management, as I have never had trouble getting an AWD vehicle from PC in the winter ever before.
Agree. They must be under pressure to maximize revenues, but this greatly devalues Presidents' Circle.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:09 pm

Can I pay to get the AWD as a PC member? How much?

Agree. They must be under pressure to maximize revenues, but this greatly devalues Presidents' Circle.
Can I pay to get the AWD? Do you know how much?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by maggie92
Can I pay to get the AWD? Do you know how much?
they quoted me $50 a day which is absurd. Next time I will probably just make two reservations.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 9:17 am

they quoted me $50 a day which is absurd. Next time I will probably just make two reservations.
I thought for ultimate choice they should have an area for upgrade and for PC member the price should be $25 and other gold members should be 35? So they don’t have that area in SLC? Or in that upgrade area there is no AWD? Feel like renting an AWD is way more expensive maybe $200 a day
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by maggie92
I thought for ultimate choice they should have an area for upgrade and for PC member the price should be $25 and other gold members should be 35? So they don’t have that area in SLC? Or in that upgrade area there is no AWD? Feel like renting an AWD is way more expensive maybe $200 a day
I was looking for that, but I did not see a premium upgrade area at SLC.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 12:37 pm

Arrived at SLC today, no AWD at airport

I was looking for that, but I did not see a premium upgrade area at SLC.
Thank you for the information. Arrived around 12pm, the counter staff kept selling me the AWD and told me a lot of snow recently. I asked if I can choose the car in PC area and he said no AWD at PC area so I paid $32 a day for 2022 Ford Edge( Tatantium 24K miles). They also offer $40 for Ford escape. I am wondering why Edge is cheaper than Escape and they said they have more Edge today.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.