Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Maui Restaurants" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note: Sadly, due to COVID-19, many of the restaurants listed in this thread are no longer in business. Please check online to determine a restaurant's current status. We will retire this thread and start a new one once conditions stabilize.

Mahalo,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii (Travel) Forum
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Maui Restaurants" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:30 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Baci (very posh Italian restaurant in Waikiki) had corkage fee of about $10. This was a decade ago -- but a quick web search has found dozens of restaurants in Hawaii with reasonable corkage fees (as little as $1 for many!) ... so you should have no problem bringing your own wine.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
Baci (very posh Italian restaurant in Waikiki) had corkage fee of about $10. This was a decade ago -- but a quick web search has found dozens of restaurants in Hawaii with reasonable corkage fees (as little as $1 for many!) ... so you should have no problem bringing your own wine. </font>
Thanks! - where/on what did you do your search? I'll admit that I have not yet researched the good restaurants, but I am thinking about what we will pack and what we'll take from our meager wine cellar...
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:16 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
Baci (very posh Italian restaurant in Waikiki) had corkage fee of about $10. This was a decade ago -- but a quick web search has found dozens of restaurants in Hawaii with reasonable corkage fees (as little as $1 for many!) ... so you should have no problem bringing your own wine. </font>
Sorry to say during our visit of spring 2001 Baci had closed or been renamed and/or had new owners. Though quite expensive I did not think the food was all that great.
However the new place was a Dining miles participant so I was surprised when the miles posted to my AA account.
Mike
Old Aug 26, 2002, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Google search on "hawaii corkage fee" ... yields such results as http://www.hawaiirestaurants.com/Oahu/French.htm

Not surprised that Baci went downhill ... it is almost inevitable in that market (they did have great hawaiian-grown garlic as a theme ingredient).
Old Oct 4, 2002, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
Very sorry to tell you, but unlike the rest of Hawaii, Maui county does not allow you to bring your own wine to a licensed establishment. In my last few visits to Maui, I have found them to be very strict about adhering to this law.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 10:22 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
If you find a restaurant w/out a liquor license though you may be able to bring your bottle and pay a small corkage fee. The tough part will be finding a restaurant w/out a license.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 6:23 am

Restaurant "Picnics" in Paia / Maui

Anyone has any experiences on this restaurant?
Thanx
Old Oct 20, 2002, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never been there, but none of the HI locals I know go there either. Paia is not exactly noted for its fine dining establishments. I often stop at the fish restaurant on the SW corner by the single Paia light. They make a really great tasting big fresh fish sandwich, fish plate etc right before your very eyes.

MisterNice
Old Oct 20, 2002, 8:05 pm
Suspended

How about Mama's Fish house?
I suppose it not really considered to be Paia.

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2002, 2:21 am

good day,

picnics restaurant is okay.

see http://www.aloha.net/~picnics/
for more info (including picnic menu)

------------------
You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me!?
Old Oct 21, 2002, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
How about Mama's Fish house?
I suppose it not really considered to be Paia.

Mike
</font>
I have eaten there and the food aint bad. What is really bad is the noise level. You couldnt hear if your sweetie whispered any "sweet nothings" even if you had a high powered stethoscope with brand new batteries, and they place the tables about one foot apart. The Haliimaile General Store is about 6-10 min from Paia. See: http://www.haliimailegeneralstore.com/main.html . Now this is a great place for L & D.

MisterNice
Old Oct 21, 2002, 3:52 pm

I still enjoy Mama's.

www.mamasfishhouse.com
Old Oct 21, 2002, 7:13 pm
Suspended

I guess my wife doesnt notice the noise level at Mama's (but my wallet sure does)evertime I say were are going to Maui(3 trips in the last 4 years) the next word she says is "Mama's Fishouse"
Seriously though if you get an early evening booking, the beautiful sunset and the dozens of colorful windsurfers in the bay can make it a real enjoyable outing.
Mike
Old Oct 25, 2002, 9:30 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB

Like the name says it's for picnics or sandwiches to take out on your drive to Hana.

I second the restaurant on the corner have been there several times for lunch.The fish company.

Mama's is the place to dine....be sure and take a large wallet,the view is wonderful at sunset.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 11:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Favorite Restaurants in Maui??

After reading several posts on this forum, it's evident that many of you are very familiar with Maui. I travel to Maui frequently...will be going over three times this year...and am always on the lookout for new restaurants to try. We prefer the more upscale restaurants for most dinners but are not adverse to pizza, burgers or whatever occasionally.
Our current favorite restaurants in Maui are:

Gerard's in Lahaina
The Plantation House in Kapalua
Ruth's Chris in Lahaina

Anyone else have any personal favorites??
Mahalo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.