Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
The Hale Koa has at least two pools, one of which is quite large.

DD
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:28 pm

Hale Koa is booked 9/11-9/26 & 10/2,3. Available 9/27-10/1 & 10/4-10/7
It is a great place and the price is right if you qualify.

Last edited by KenfromDE; Sep 7, 2015 at 8:36 pm
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Here's a link to the Fine Hotels & Resorts page that will give you a list of benefits included if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred (many people do). Amex Plantinum has similar benefits. No need to hunt down a specialty travel agent.

For example, at the Halekulani:

■Full American Breakfast at Orchids or Buffet Breakfast at House Without a Key for two daily. On Sundays Breakfast will only be offered at House Without a Key.
■$100 Resort credit, per room, per stay for room types Garden Courtyard through Junior Suite OR $200 Resort credit, per room, per stay for suite types Pool View Suite through Premier Suite.
■Upgrade at time of Booking for Partial Ocean View and Ocean View Category Only. All other Category Upgrades are Subject to Availability at the time of Check-In.

Almost all the hotels offer these or similar benefits.

https://chaselhrpurchase.orxenterprise.com/hotel/result
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I appreciate all of the responses. Sorry for the slow reply myself but I was traveling with little time to read until now.

I think the hassle of changing islands for just under three days is more than it's worth, especially since the added costs will come out of my own pocket.

I think because I need a couple of nights to re-qualify for SPG platinum that I'll do the Moana again. The Royal Hawaiian didn't have a government rate for the period I need it. The Moana has to be better than the Sheraton, right?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:45 pm

I believe the Moana is better than the Sheraton. You never know where you're room will be in the Sheraton Waikiki - some are much better than others.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, RC STARS, MO FanClub, Dorchester Diamond, Luxury Priv, Peninsula PenClub
New Four Seasons O'ahu at Ko Olina

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
So I have a three-night layover in Hawaii in about two weeks.
If you return next year, you might want to try the new Four Seasons. The Four Seasons Resort O'ahu at Ko Olina is now taking reservations for stays beginning June 1, 2016.

Receive 15% off for up to 3 nights from June 1-August 31 when booked by December 31. A 4th night free promo currently available also.

Both early booking promos are combinable with standard Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits (full breakfast for 2 daily, upgrade if available on arrival, value-added amenity, and wifi). Added amenity at the FS O'ahu is a $100 spa credit.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:14 pm

Honolulu hotel deals - where to start?

Hi all,

My dad and I will be going to Maui and Oahu for roughly one week each in October.

I'm overwhelmed by the sheer amount of blogs/comparison/travel websites on Hawaii hotel deals... Where do I start? Where are the best deals?

We're not too picky, any 3/4/5 star hotel with direct beach access will do. Do ~$150/night sound reasonable? If I can earn any Avios on top that would be nice, but obviously not needed.

Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: HH Silver
Costcotravel.com is where I booked mine. Lowest price I could find, with some extras like free breakfast, transfers, resort fee included thrown in.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:51 am

What do you mean by direct beach access? You mean on the beach? Across the street? A short walk?

That said, $150 a night, particularly in Maui, isn't going to get you very close to the sand. You might find something across from the beach in Waikiki for around $200 a night, but anything lower, if you can find it, is going to get you a few blocks away.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:42 am

I guess $200 would still be fine.

Doesn't have to be ON the beach - I'm not sure how accessible the beaches are over there, but having access to some sun chairs would be a nice feature.

I know some hotels in other places have arrangements to share these with beachfront resorts - that would also be an option.

For now I'm really just looking for the best places to book though, thanks a lot!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:54 am

You can just walk onto any beach in Hawaii - even those in front of a hotel. Public beach access is a requirement. So that's not an issue.

There are chair rentals on Waikiki beach, but they're not inexpensive. We found it less costly to buy one than to rent.

I would do a search, perhaps on Kayak, to see what hotels meet your price requirements on each island and then ask which is better. It's pretty difficult trying to advise you when we're not sure the areas you'd like to stay - and with a low budget - it makes it more difficult.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:55 am

Yep I'm happy to look around myself - the question was more around the sites to use.

If every hotel is cheaper on Kayak than it is on X, I'd rather not look on X - and If every hotel is cheaper on Z and also gets me 1000 Avios, I'd rather look on Z

What about the likes of Priceline/Hotwire vs Kayak?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:27 pm

Sorry, I can't help you there. You might want to look at the travel tools forum to get an idea of the different sites.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:12 pm

Need a Hotel Please.

I had a promotion deal and it just went bust and now am desperate to find a hotel.
we are 4 adults 2 couples and I have a budget of $1300 for 5 nights from the 19th of August to the 24th. am hoping for
Landing in Oahu, Honolulu.

Please help
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:30 am

You can try using Kayak hotels and search to see what you can find for under $130 per room - but it is not likely you will be very successful - or if you are, it's not somewhere you would want to stay.

If you have any points with one of the major chains that offer cash & points, you might be able to find a room in your price range. You can also try priceline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.