Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oahu/Honolulu: Consolidated Honolulu/Waikiki/Greater Honolulu Hotel/Lodging Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
We are considering HHV for a very short stay for a couple of nights.. between Grand Wailea and HHV.
We will be bouncing around a lot as it is...three nights on Oahu, then two nights at Andaz Maui, then a night at Grand Wailea, then back to Andaz for two more nights (this time in a suite), followed by a credit card anniversary night at Hyatt Place Waikiki before the morning flight home.

So while I think we might like the location and facilities of HHV better for the last two nights of Oahu, I would also like to get around to other parts of the island, so I wonder if another move is worth the hassle.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by CBear
I'm looking at the following three hotels, not much price difference.

VIVE hotel Junior Suite - Can't find much on it. View and lanai I can happily exchange for a bigger room.

Shoreline King City View

Aston Circle - because it's closest to the beach, I might consider the suitcase sized room.

Between the Shoreline and VIVE, which one has the shortest walk to the beach?

And of course any recommendations for other hotels would be great.
Have you traveled or any recommendation on any of them?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
GW and HHV are apples and oranges, but both nice places. GW much more peaceful and upscale environment, IMO.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
We will be bouncing around a lot as it is...three nights on Oahu, then two nights at Andaz Maui, then a night at Grand Wailea, then back to Andaz for two more nights (this time in a suite), followed by a credit card anniversary night at Hyatt Place Waikiki before the morning flight home.

So while I think we might like the location and facilities of HHV better for the last two nights of Oahu, I would also like to get around to other parts of the island, so I wonder if another move is worth the hassle.
In Canada I signed up for Visa Infinite Privilege which was supposed to include HH Diamond, but that inclusion got pulled as soon as signed up for the card.

So I'm looking at status match to HH Gold. If they do grant the status match, I see excellent rates for my dates at Grand Wailea and will end up doing a couple nights, all things remaining same.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:00 am

Where to stay in Hawaii?

Flying into Hawaii on July 16th for a day before heading off to SYD. Never been to Hawaii and looking for recommendations on where to stay and what to do? Ideally somewhere cheap near the beach
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:29 am
Suspended

For 1 day, just go to Waikiki
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by 9Benua
For 1 day, just go to Waikiki
Recommendations on where to stay?

I have SPG & IHG Pts, but looks like everything is gonna cost 25k. Not interested in spending that much for a free night.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Cheap near the beach

Might best be described as..sleeping on the beach(still legal, I think, likely safe).
In half a dozen HNL visits I rely on my SPG and HHnonors programs.
Use these if you have them. Consider the Hilton Waikiki where on my last stay I was delighted to have their "Journey Ambassador" find me in lobby or pool bar extending courtesies I was (almost)embarrassed to accept.

Further off the beach(about 3 blocks)Marriot...(not their flagship)offers less pricey nights. Best of luck.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I use www.tripadvisor.com for hotel recommendations. Put Honolulu Hotels in the search box, and you can get a list of all of the hotels. Then put in your check in and checkout dates and it will show the hotel pricing too. You can sort by price (unfortunately the cheapest is often the worst). Based on this, the "Waikiki Prince" may meet your needs for $101.43.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The cheapest room you'll find is probably $130+, so factor that in.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:50 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
For me, it would depend on what I wanted to do and flight times... if I have a late arriving or early leaving flight, I would probably stay near the airport. Same thing if I wanted to do Pearl Harbor... prefer getting there early.

Take public transportation to enjoy the beaches if you won't have a car... not sure I would waste a lot of money on a hotel to just sleep for one night.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
For me, it would depend on what I wanted to do and flight times... if I have a late arriving or early leaving flight, I would probably stay near the airport. Same thing if I wanted to do Pearl Harbor... prefer getting there early.

Take public transportation to enjoy the beaches if you won't have a car... not sure I would waste a lot of money on a hotel to just sleep for one night.
My flight gets in around 1pm and leaves the next day around noon.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:12 pm

I'd suggest checking airbnb
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
This thread will likely receive a broader response here in the dedicated Hawaii Destination forum. Responding FlyerTalkers will please note that this thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk, and reply accordingly.

Thanks everyone, and safe journeys to the OP.

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by HighFlying123
Recommendations on where to stay?

I have SPG & IHG Pts, but looks like everything is gonna cost 25k. Not interested in spending that much for a free night.
Sheraton Waikiki. Stand in the infinity pool all day, drink cocktails and people watch. A perfect afternoon. I'd consider 25K, not $385+, however.

Does the dumpy Sheraton across the street allow one to go to the pool at the Sheraton Waikiki?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:59 pm

Going to HI next month. Any recommendations on a beach front house? - 2 rooms or so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.