Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Do You Have A Favorite Easter Sunday Brunch Spot On Your Island?

Do You Have A Favorite Easter Sunday Brunch Spot On Your Island?

Old Apr 6, 07, 2:54 am
  #16  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney - Australia
Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Posts: 11,079
Originally Posted by kaukau View Post
It's true that the company one dines with can be as/more important than the food one is served. As Orchids so poignantly expressed in another thread: "It's nice to find good food, but good to find nice people." ^ ^ ^

Happy Easter, everybody! And Passover, too!
Well said, kaukau; I can attest that if you're lucky enough to meet up with kaukau, you will get all of the above, and more. ^

... the first American/Kaamaina I've met this year with my own taste in coffee and white wine - we must do it again soon; we can't wait.

Wherever you are (we're not all as lucky as kaukau), happy Easter (and Passover) and I hope that your brunch or lunch as as much fun as kaukau's and Mrs K's!
BiziBB is offline  
Old Apr 6, 07, 5:00 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 4,534
Originally Posted by BiziBB View Post
Well said, kaukau; I can attest that if you're lucky enough to meet up with kaukau, you will get all of the above, and more. ^

... the first American/Kaamaina I've met this year with my own taste in coffee and white wine - we must do it again soon; we can't wait.

Wherever you are (we're not all as lucky as kaukau), happy Easter (and Passover) and I hope that your brunch or lunch as as much fun as kaukau's and Mrs K's!
I am one of the fortunate ones to be meeting up with Kaukau and The Mrs next month. He has the most possitive and uplifting attitude. I know it's always going to be a great post when I see his name on any post.
svenskaflicka is offline  
Old Apr 7, 07, 9:18 am
  #18  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 75,283
Unless I missed it, I didn't see any Kauai places mentioned - not that I'll be there for Easter this year. I've been to Gaylords for breakfast and wasn't impressed. It didn't help that one of the chafing dishes had a lid that was broken and every time someone propped it open to get something out, the lid came crashing down. All employees seemed oblivous. An hour or so of that gets pretty annoying.
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:02 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Posts: 369
My husband and I will be on Maui for Easter this year and we're seeking recommendations for an Easter brunch location that you may have experienced and enjoyed. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Tpa-flyer is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:11 pm
  #20  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 75,283
Wow, 13 year bump. Is that a record?
Tpa-flyer and 747FC like this.
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:24 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Posts: 2,218
Well, one gets beaten up for not searching, or gets beaten up for searching but not paying attention to the dates. There are technical solutions to preventing threads from being resurrected, but no one has really focused on this.

All that said, I wish I had Tpa-flyer's problem to solve!!
​​​​​​
Tpa-flyer likes this.
xooz is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:39 pm
  #22  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 75,283
Originally Posted by xooz View Post
Well, one gets beaten up for not searching, or gets beaten up for searching but not paying attention to the dates. There are technical solutions to preventing threads from being resurrected, but no one has really focused on this.

All that said, I wish I had Tpa-flyer's problem to solve!!
​​​​​​
Indeed. I didn't mean to beat anyone up - just commenting on finding something so old. I should have added a
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Jan 23, 20, 9:11 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Posts: 369
FWIW, I did contemplate starting a new thread after noticing the obvious gap, but I figured my post would show up in "New Posts," so, I gambled a bit regarding if any eyes would land on my inquiry.
Tpa-flyer is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 9:42 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Posts: 2,218
I just wish I had any recent experiences to share. Haven't been to Hawaii in 15 years I think. Hope you find something good and review it here for the rest of us.
Tpa-flyer likes this.
xooz is offline  
Old Jan 25, 20, 12:21 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maui
Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Posts: 3,010
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer View Post
FWIW, I did contemplate starting a new thread after noticing the obvious gap, but I figured my post would show up in "New Posts," so, I gambled a bit regarding if any eyes would land on my inquiry.
Which side of Maui are you staying on?

If on the west side, Plantation House, The Ritz Carlton, or possibly Tavernaís, but Iíll have to ask them if they are doing anything for Easter.
Tpa-flyer likes this.

Last edited by COSPILOT; Jan 25, 20 at 12:29 pm
COSPILOT is offline  
Old Jan 26, 20, 4:46 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Posts: 369
We've decided for now to make a reservation for Easter at The Mill House because it's only about a ten minute drive from our condo which is located in the Maalaea Harbor area. However, we remain open to any and all suggestions since we'll have a ragtop rental car and driving Maui always feels like fun to us.
Tpa-flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: