Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Alternative thread for those considering "roughing it" - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1742268-sleeping-overnight-hnl-airport.html
Print Wikipost

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Was wondering if there were any recent updates on the situation. Was leaning towards on of the airport hotels when I come in next month (For about a day and a half, 2 nights), and was planning on going up to Pearl Harbor as the main plan for the full day I have, but am wondering about that choice given the reports here.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Intheair2night
Was wondering if there were any recent updates on the situation. Was leaning towards on of the airport hotels when I come in next month (For about a day and a half, 2 nights), and was planning on going up to Pearl Harbor as the main plan for the full day I have, but am wondering about that choice given the reports here.
It is a industrial area with a lot of homeless around. If you are just looking for a place to sleep then it may be ok, just don't expect anything nice. Don't walk around at night and don't leave anything in your car. Mitch's Sushi and Big Kahuna's Pizza are both really good places to eat.

The Pearl Harbor stuff is open for now and you can't go on the Memorial because they are fixing it.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
For a basic room, the places aren't that bad. I had friends staying out there a few weeks ago as that's where they are put up prior to flying out to KWA to work.

As stated, the area is industrial and can get pretty crappy at times crime wise. My issue was that you could never get any sleep because it seemed like folks from other islands would fly in to HNL and stay at one of these hotels then would party like rock stars all night long.... lots of loud music, voices, and drinking going on.

My advice is to get on one of travel sites and see if you can't find something in a better area for a few more bucks.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Friends don't let friends stay at these hotels. There is a long history of crime. Enough said.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
A Seattle-based real estate development firm intends to build a 257-room hotel managed under the Homewood Suites by Hilton brand one block from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport....

...The three existing airport-area hotels are Best Western The Plaza Hotel that was built in 1976 and has 274 rooms, the Airport Honolulu Hotel that was built in separate phases in 1966 and 1969 with 307 rooms, and the Pacific Marina Inn that was built in 1960 and has 120 rooms. All three have been renovated over the years.

Hadley Properties aims to start construction later this year and open the hotel late next year.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...f89d748e5fc527

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.