Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Oahu/Honolulu/HNL : Consolidated "Hotels Near Honolulu Airport" Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Alternative thread for those considering "roughing it" - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1742268-sleeping-overnight-hnl-airport.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Best airport hotel near HNL

Looking for a hotel near HNL with free shuttle for a 1-night MR in October. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:51 pm

Have no personal experience but since no one else has answered, here are three possibles:

OHANA Honolulu Airport Hotel
http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-reso...-airport-hotel

Castle Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel
http://www.castleresorts.com/home/ac...ic-marina-inn/

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...oCategory=AMEN

Sure you don't want to stay in paradise for longer than overnight?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
Originally Posted by drjazz
Looking for a hotel near HNL with free shuttle for a 1-night MR in October. Any suggestions?
Airport is a pretty grim area. I'd only stay there if I had less than 12 hours between flights (9PM in 9AM out) and then I would stay at the Ohana.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by JeremyS1973
Airport is a pretty grim area. I'd only stay there if I had less than 12 hours between flights (9PM in 9AM out) and then I would stay at the Ohana.
Agreed. But no hotels outside of airport have free shuttle service. A low-cost alternative would be The Bus or one of the shared shuttles to the main hotel areas. Me, I'd take a taxi to Waikiki and stay there.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL: Gold
We land at HNL around 3pm and depart the next day at 3:30pm for KOA. Any hotel rec for a convenient area, easily accessible to HNL and Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 12, 2012 at 6:58 am Reason: Copied op's original thread to two different threads since two different questions asked each with different extant threads
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by rsoxtim
We land at HNL around 3pm and depart the next day at 3:30pm for KOA. The only thing we want to do is see Pearl Harbor. Is that possible to do early morning and have enough time for our flight? Also, any hotel rec for a convenient area, easily accessible to HNL and Pearl Harbor?
The only hotels near Pearl Harbor are the ones by the airport. It'll be about 10-15 minute drive assuming no accidents along the way. There's a pretty decent thread on this forum comparing the different airport hotels, and I defer to those threads on a suggestion.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 12, 2012 at 6:58 am Reason: Removed Pearl Harbor info since that will now be in the other thread that op's post was split/merged to
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Hey guys, I'm going to arrive in HNL at 10:10 PM on December 15th. I'll be flying to Kahului, Maui at 6:29 AM on December 16th. I'm looking for a simple, but clean room near the airport. I'm on a tight budget and I'm hoping I can get something for under $100. It would be great if there's complementary airport shuttle service as well. I can't find anything through Priceline so any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by lsquare
Hey guys, I'm going to arrive in HNL at 10:10 PM on December 15th. I'll be flying to Kahului, Maui at 6:29 AM on December 16th. I'm looking for a simple, but clean room near the airport. I'm on a tight budget and I'm hoping I can get something for under $100. It would be great if there's complementary airport shuttle service as well. I can't find anything through Priceline so any suggestions?

Thanks!
OHANA Honolulu Airport Hotel
http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-reso...-airport-hotel

Castle Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hotel
http://www.castleresorts.com/home/ac...ic-marina-inn/

Best Western The Plaza Hotel
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...oCategory=AMEN
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Just an FYI, the Pacific Marina Inn is one of the worst hotels I've ever spent a night in
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Just an FYI, the Pacific Marina Inn is one of the worst hotels I've ever spent a night in
I thought that about the other two that I posted as well..... And posted so in another thread about the Ohana.

My buddy stayed there over night till I could come get him (he got off the UA fligth from Kwaj at 0200ish) and I rolled down there around 1100 to get him after I checked email at work and back-tracked to get him.

He said never again....

But, if money is tight for some folks....all three places are options.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
That doesn't sound like good news for me. What was so bad about it?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bearcat06
I thought that about the other two that I posted as well..... And posted so in another thread about the Ohana.

My buddy stayed there over night till I could come get him (he got off the UA fligth from Kwaj at 0200ish) and I rolled down there around 1100 to get him after I checked email at work and back-tracked to get him.

He said never again....

But, if money is tight for some folks....all three places are options.
Thanks for the list. Do you think those are my best 3 choices given the circumstance that I'm in?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Honolulu airport hotel for whacky hours?

My plane lands at 6am and the next leaves at 3:35pm. There seems to be room for a 6-7 hour sleep... but where? The usual checkin/checkout times won't work.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Personally, I would not stay at either of the airport hotels, but would get a cab ride to Waikiki and see if I could get a day rate somewhere.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Look up the Aqua & Aston hotel chains with availabilities for your specific arrival date and call the front desk direct local number in Honolulu with your check-in & check-out time & ask if they have a day rate, especially if it's midweek. We've stayed at the Bamboo under Aqua Resort's management pre-cruise & found their boutique style rooms to be adequate. Careful about over-sleeping due to time zone / jet-lag / direction of travel, etc. - set your alarm clock.

Honolulu (especially Waikiki) traffic these days are mad crazy & can be bumper-to-bumper heading to the airport in early afternoon, so allow extra time (and, needed for agricultural inspection if heading ... plus TSA security ... only hand luggage, bags checked at origin & tagged to final destination - correct?)

I can't remember off-hand, a # of them do offer the special and cruise pax coming off the NCL HNL 7 nights salings apparently do book them, not 100% sure but Hilton Hawaiian Village was doing it then. Check with the CruiseCritic Forum's Hawaii Board for it - their "Search" function has been down for DBMS maintenance, so ...

Mahalo

P.S. Granted that a room with a bed, a shower & some much needed rest, and a shortened 20-30 minutes RT from the terminal instead of 90-120 minutes to Waikiki for a "nicer" 3 stars+ room plus round-trip taxi fares (for quickest transport vs. shared shuttle van) - I would be inclined to just stick it out near the airport as others noted. For a longer layover, then it make sense to go further into the "town." Oh, HNL airport concession food is quite expensive & poor in healthy choices, so plan ahead.

Last edited by Letitride3c; Feb 20, 2014 at 7:34 am Reason: Add'l thoughts on "not" going to Waikiki

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.