Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "How's the Weather Now/Going to Be in Hawai`i" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold (RIP UA), AA PLT (2MM), MR PLT
Weather In Hawaii End Of August Beg Of September

Hi all can you tell me how the weather is at Big Island and Kaui. Is it nice or really rainy? I don't mind hot as I live in Central America (whoops, aka Miami, FL)!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 6:43 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
The weather's pretty constant in both places. Expect 85 degree days and up to 2" of rain each month - unless you go to the Hilo side of the Big Island where it does get considerably more rain.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
http://www.weather.com/weather/clima...nthly/USHI0032

http://www.weather.com/weather/clima...nthly/USHI0022
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, weather is pretty constant, IMHO.

But if the tradewinds stop blowing, it can feel a lot hotter in the direct sunlight, than the air temp indicates.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:54 am

I agree wholeheartedly with PremEx, the lack of tradewinds at this time of the year makes it easily the hottest time of the year to visit. I am back in Maui nearly every year over Labor day and the old AC runs pretty much non-stop over this period, whereas for the most part the rest of the year I prefer to open all the windows and feel the breeze.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 7:23 pm

Hawaii's Weather in late Jan/Feb

Hello,

I am helping arrange a trip to Hawaii for my parents for their anniversary in late Jan or early Feb. It will be there 1st time and will spend a few days at Oahu and a few days in Kaui. Anyway, I just want to know what the weather conditions are like during this time frame. I want them to be able to lay out on the beach and swim in the water without freezing. I know the evening hours might get cool enough for a light sweater but how about during the daytime for sighseeing. Also, does anybody know how much rain Kaui would get during this time. I have been to Hawaii 3x I have always gone during the autumn months and found it very pleasant. Can anybody give me insight about the climate they should expect for time frame of Jan/Feb. I would appreciate it.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Aloha,

This question can be answered with a little research trip to weather.com...

Kauai has an average rainfall or 5.90 inches in January and 3.30 inches in February.

The temperatures on O'ahu in January and February will be in the lower 80ies (not breaking any lower than 75 for a high) and will dip down to the lower 60ies (depending on where you are) for the lows.

For folks traveling from Phoenix, it should be nice weather for sightseeing during the day... and don't worry... it's Hawai'i. Sure you might have a few rainy days, but that's what keeps our islands green.

Aloha
Old Dec 26, 2003, 10:00 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Here are links to Honolulu Weather and Kauai Weather. They also have graphs and charts.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/HI/Honolulu.html

http://www.wunderground.com/US/HI/Lihue.html
Old May 3, 2005, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1P
Weather: Thanksgiving.

Hello,

I'm looking to go to Hawaii (any island) during the week of Thanksgiving this year. I'd like to know if weather wise, this would be a nice time to visit?

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2005, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by deejboram
Hello,

I'm looking to go to Hawaii (any island) during the week of Thanksgiving this year. I'd like to know if weather wise, this would be a nice time to visit?

Thanks.
Though I don't live there, I've noticed that the weather is about the same the entire year.

There is a greater temperature change night / day than there is winter / summer.
Old May 3, 2005, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
It is a nice time to visit, but temperature is all relative. I find it colder during the winter months, but that's just me.
Old May 3, 2005, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
We often go to Hawaii in November for about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving (to beat the crowds).

More often than not, the second week of our stay we notice the weather has "changed."

While the daytime temps are always just about the same (and perfect), the nighttime temps are a bit cooler. You may need to wear a sweater at night if you're out late.

None of it is a problem - Hawaii has almost perfect weather year round as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Weather this time of year?

So I just looked up the 10-day forcasts for Kahului, Kona, and Hilo - showers, light rain, showers, showers, light rain... all 3 cities, all 10 days.

Is this the rainy season? Should I be worried about my vacation starting in 11 days?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
In August? It's hot in Honolulu. Normal temps in the upper 80's/Low 90's and lows in the mid-lower 70's. If there is rain, they are normally passing showers and do not linger. On the windward sides, you might get a bit more rain. Hilo gets a lot of rain. The rainy season, in general is in the late winter, through the spring. Bottom line, in the summer, if it's raining on one part of the island, it may be possible to find sun on another part.

More information on windward/leeward weather here

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=11
Old Jul 27, 2005, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Hawaiian locals genuinely believe they have seasons, but they seem not to realize what seasons are to most in the lower 48. Yes, there are differences between January and July, but they are subtle to most visitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.