Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a baby stroller in or near Lahaina?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, HH

I want to buy a cheap stroller once I get to the island - unfortunately WalMart is not an option because it's closed on Sunday, the day I arrive. I want to avoid having to make the long trip back to Kahului the next day.

TIA
Paula
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That's going to be tough. Most shopping plazas in the Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kapalua area are geared to tourists - restaurants, clothing, souvenirs, dive shops, and supermarkets

Walmart, Sears, etc. type stores are all back in Kahalui.

Here is a thought - why not order somethig online and have it shipped to your hotel, so it will be waiting for you when you arrive. You can find something of sturdier quality, probably at a better price and save time trekking around to find one when you arrive.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I found a couple of sites that might be of help to you. The first one delivers right to your hotel. I don't know if the second one listed delivers.

I hope this helps.

http://www.wildwheelswentals.net/

http://www.akamaimothers.com/

Last edited by svenskaflicka; Jan 23, 2006 at 5:22 pm Reason: addition of information
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta
What about Long's Drugs? Wouldn't they carry something like that? There's one in the Cannery Mall right outside of Lahaina. I'd give them a call. 808-667-438
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:03 am
Original Poster

The shipping idea is excellent - thanks for the website information!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Paula_Miller
WalMart is not an option because it's closed on Sunday, the day I arrive.
When I checked the WalMart website it said the *pharmacy* at this particular store is closed on Sundays but didn't indicate the store itself was closed. If you'd prefer to shop Walmart, I think it might actually be open on Sundays...
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: UAL, LH, Delta, Starwood,
Originally Posted by bocastephen
That's going to be tough. Most shopping plazas in the Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kapalua area are geared to tourists - restaurants, clothing, souvenirs, dive shops, and supermarkets

Walmart, Sears, etc. type stores are all back in Kahalui.

Here is a thought - why not order somethig online and have it shipped to your hotel, so it will be waiting for you when you arrive. You can find something of sturdier quality, probably at a better price and save time trekking around to find one when you arrive.
Yeah, do that or buy as soon as you land at kmart or walmart.
and if walmart is not an option kmart might be. its almost in the same spot anyways. And why is wal mart closed on sundays?? since when is that?
the last time I checked it was open sundays, but that was 2 years ago...
cant imagine them closed on sunday,
how do you know this??
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: UAL, LH, Delta, Starwood,
I am pretty sure wal mart is open on sundays!!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I didn't say Walmart was closed on Sunday, the OP did...however, to put this mystery to rest, I just called the store. They are open until 11pm every day, including Sunday - only the pharmacy is closed on Sundays.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by nishimark
What about Long's Drugs? Wouldn't they carry something like that? There's one in the Cannery Mall right outside of Lahaina. I'd give them a call. 808-667-438
I don't quite think that Longs carries strollers--at least the ones in Hawaii. However, Longs would be a good bet for all the other baby-accessories that might come in handy. Of course, WalMart might be an even cheaper option.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Update - I got the WalMart-closed-on-Sundays info from their website - sorry for creating the confusion.

I spoke with Dave at Akai Mother's Rentals yesterday - for 5 minutes on the phone and $80 for the week I will have a crib and a jogging stroller delivered to my hotel and then picked up when I leave - an absolute no-brainer.

Paula

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.