FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-435/)
-   -   Master Hawaiʻi Meet-Up/Lounge Access Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/445321-master-hawaii-meet-up-lounge-access-thread.html)

slippahs Jun 20, 2005 8:25 pm

Master Hawaiʻi Meet-Up/Lounge Access Thread

Here's a posting board for those visiting Hawai‘i and wanting to meet up with another Flyertalker. Drinks at the House without a Key at the Halekulani, at the Malolo Lounge at the HWV, or maybe even just a quick coffee at a local Starbucks... you get the picture. :)

If you'll be traveling to the islands and want to meet with some of your Flyertalking colleagues, please list when you'll be here and what island so that others may contact you.

Also, this is a good place to post if you're willing to help another Flyertalker out with lounge access at any of Hawai‘i's airports. If you're willing to provide lounge access at HNL/OGG/ITO/KOA/LIH to another Flyertalker, please post here.

I know we're stepping on the toes of the Community forum a bit, but this one's specifically dedicated for Hawai‘i. Also, cblaisd and I will make sure to keep the thread tidy by deleting those meet-up dates that have passed by.

cblaisd Jun 28, 2005 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
...I know we're stepping on the toes of the Community forum a bit, but this one's specifically dedicated for Hawai‘i. ...

I've put a cross-reference in Community to this thread here

PremEx Jun 28, 2005 12:52 pm

I was surprised to come across this thread. I thought get-together threads were in Community.
Looks like the Hawaii separatists have invaded FlyerTalk!

Waiting for the Texans to do the same, next.

;)

haole Jun 29, 2005 8:23 pm

Aloha all, if anyone wants when they are in town to meet up, e-mail me and we'll try to set something up. mahalo.

slippahs Sep 1, 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Looks like my friend Tony & I will be in HNL on a MR on 9/23. Not sure where we're staying (if anywhere...are there showers at the WC/CO clubs in HNL??).

There are no shower facilities in the HNL WorldClub or President's Club.

Try Google the Shower Tree at HNL. It's a little ways off HNL, but it might be a good alternative. Also, cblasid once suggested using a rental car shuttle to get there. A search for that would bring up which rental car comparny it was (it slipped my mind).

Enjoy your MR to HNL!

cblaisd Sep 1, 2005 4:07 pm

There's an excellent thread on the Shower Tree in the HNL airport forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...wpost&t=445834

bhatnasx Sep 4, 2005 10:57 am

Thanks for the heads up slippahs & cblaisd. Sounds like the Alamo shuttle should work fine for us. I did call Shower Tree to inquire about prices & for 2 people, the lady said it'd be 55-65 depending on room. There was a hotel called Ocean Resort Waikiki for 64 bucks on TL, so I may just go with them. As we'll be in HNL for about 20 hours, that's long enough to warrant a hotel room (especially with the long flights each way), so we may check out that place instead as the Shower Tree does look kind of ghetto!

Thanks for the tips!

DanTravels Dec 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty (Post 6890603)
Q: during that 5+ layover in HNL, I'd like to drop 'extra' luggage at the FEDEX depot 'around the corner' & continue to OGG with just carry-ons.
I don't suppose the bus goes that way, so... 'short' car rental ($42+miles), cab($$), or ?? (bribe a local FT'er with food & strong drink??) :D

I've been to that FedEx, and although you could get the bus down to the corner of Lagoon, you'd have quite a walk down Lagoon. With very little shade for most of it. A cab round-trip might be cheaper than a rental car, by a little bit.

slippahs Dec 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by DanTravels (Post 6891620)
I've been to that FedEx, and although you could get the bus down to the corner of Lagoon, you'd have quite a walk down Lagoon. With very little shade for most of it. A cab round-trip might be cheaper than a rental car, by a little bit.

Yes, there's absolutely no way one could walk from the main terminal all the way to the FedEx (or UPS) centers on Lagoon Drive, unless perhaps you're looking for a great workout...

You might, however, consider calling the Buisness Center located airside of the Terminal: (808) 834-0058 and seeing what they could possibly do for you (long shot, but worth a try).

Also, there are FedEx Kinkos locations and FedEx staffed centers in Kahului. Why not just check you bags through to OGG and drop them off at FedEx before continuing on your vacation?

DanTravels Dec 23, 2006 4:43 am

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 6891641)
You might, however, consider calling the Buisness Center located airside of the Terminal: (808) 834-0058 and seeing what they could possibly do for you (long shot, but worth a try).

Yeah, I'd definitely second this - the ladies in there are really nice. I always try to stick my head in to buy postcards or print something or whatever.

Ripper3785 May 31, 2007 4:08 pm

5/29/07 Pics Here!

http://www.ttora-hawaii.com/images/H...ono_Do-lu.html

Lavarock7 Jan 17, 2009 10:04 am

Mahalo

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 10696307)
Very possible. We'll be on the BI from 12/28>1/17. Huggo's On The Rocks is a nice setting. Pricey drinks but that's expected. :)

Glad we could meet at the Kona Brewing Company for pizza and beer!

Mark

Lavarock7 May 7, 2009 10:18 am

Me Too!

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 11706303)
Will be in KOA next month :D

~Mahalo

I'll be in Kona until the cows come home (assuming they don't get lost - it's a big island).

Next week I'm planting 1600 coffee trees, but should be done and have some free time after that.

RobbieRunner Jan 11, 2012 11:45 am

I have a pad on Oahu, and am there catch-can from time to time.
Send me a PM if you want to grab coffee or just need some directions, etc.

Aloha!

sylvas808 Jan 15, 2012 1:10 am

I'm back on oahu for good now, no more weekend commuting from hilo for me anymore. Always up for meeting people.