Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Travelling to HNL in Dec and wondering about airfare prices

Travelling to HNL in Dec and wondering about airfare prices

Old May 22, 2005, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Smile Travelling to HNL in Dec and wondering about airfare prices

My wife and I plan on spending our 25th anniversary in Honolulu. We will be there Dec 5-12. I was wondering... with all the tickets prices going up (current prices $650 -$700) from Orlando, Fl to HNL, should I buy the tickets now or wait until fall when the prices are supposed to come down (I was told this by a friend). Not that I don't trust his opinion, but more info is gladly welcomed. Mahalo!!
Old May 22, 2005, 9:23 am

$650 is not too far out of line. If the exact dates of your trip are important, I would rather get them now than risk not having them when you want to go.

November-January ticket prices sometimes increase because of the holidays and whale watching season.
Old May 22, 2005, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
For your travel period, anywhere from $550-$699 is a decent price. If it's $650, I'd book it. If it's closer to $700, I'd wait just a tad bit. Also, you can try to be creative with the ticket prices, using a carrier to get to a West Coast city, and then connecting on to Hawaiian/Aloha Airlines which sometimes offer lower prices than its competitors.
Old May 22, 2005, 3:07 pm

prior advice all good. i would wait another month or so to see what shakes out. the best fall deals are yet to come. it won't be sold out, as you're traveling in the lowest season.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.