Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Luau on Maui" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by cwc
Any body been to feast at LeLe?? Heard great things about it...
YES! Pacifico's/I'o's Chef/Owner James McDonald's Feast at Lele is a seaside, 5 or 6 course elegant sit-down service, featuring the cuisine of Polynesia, and a selection of wines in addition to a full all-you-can-drink bar. The food, prepared by Pacifico/I'o cooks, is better than any other luau's, which are all served buffet style. They have a Fire Dancer. Old Lahaina Luau does not. Old Lahaina Luau has a bigger production show, however. The Feast at LeLe will run you $110 or so per person. We recommend it. More questions? We got answers!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA million miler
feast at lele

we were there in february (six adults) and it was an excellent evening- delicious food, good service, and a nice show. much more upscale than some of the "luaus" like at the hotels which are mob scenes. this was also more enjoyable since you are seated not too far from the show- whereas at the marriot wailea you can be quite far away.

but- call now for reservations, they often sell out

and we, too, stay at the ren, and yes, it can be 90 minutes getting up to lahaina at 4:30pm- and an hour back on dark winding roads- i hope you have a designated (non-drinking) driver

even though its a schlep to Lahaina, we go back- always- to catch

http://www.warrenandannabelles.com/

worth the drive, very entertaining evening
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Old Lahaina Luau is definitely the best.

And traffic is a nightmare nowadays. Too many cars and not enough roads. Prepare accordingly.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I was underwhelmed by the Old Lahaina Luau. Other than the beautiful setting, the food was mediocre, the staff was very unprofessional, and the line to get a cocktail was a joke. I won't go back.

I would, and am, going back to Warren & Annabelle's.

As far as snorkel rentals go, I'd highly recommend buying your own dry snorkel and mask (I bought mine on eBay). They take up practically no room and it's nice to have your own (not used before) snorkel. Besides, once you go to Maui once, you'll be back.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
[QUOTE=Recreation]I was underwhelmed by the Old Lahaina Luau. Other than the beautiful setting, the food was mediocre, the staff was very unprofessional, and the line to get a cocktail was a joke. I won't go back.

"That place is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore." - Sam Goldwyn, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by Recreation
I was underwhelmed by the Old Lahaina Luau. Other than the beautiful setting, the food was mediocre, the staff was very unprofessional, and the line to get a cocktail was a joke. I won't go back.

I would, and am, going back to Warren & Annabelle's.

As far as snorkel rentals go, I'd highly recommend buying your own dry snorkel and mask (I bought mine on eBay). They take up practically no room and it's nice to have your own (not used before) snorkel. Besides, once you go to Maui once, you'll be back.
I was in Maui in April. Did both the Old Lahaina and Feast at Lele. What has been said about Old Lahaina is true, it is not worth it. The Feast at Lele is by far the better choice. The food was quite good and the atmosphere was very professional unlike the Old Lahaina which felt like a horde of people at a cheap buffet.

I also second Warren & Annabelle's, terrific show. ^
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:47 am

Programs: JetBlue True Blue, AAdvantage
I just came back from my 3rd trip to Maui 12 days ago and LOVED the Feast at Lele. I have seen the OLL, the Hyatt luau, the Marriot luau all on past trips and by far the Feast at Lele as been my favorite ^
Old Oct 20, 2006, 6:59 am

I was definitely underwhelmed by the Feast at Lele. I did not find the food to be good, was overcooked, and was cold by the time the server brought it out. Another couple we were there with also went to OLL and said that was much better.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
My wife and I went to the Old Lahaina Luau last May. I don't claim to be an expert on Hawaiian culture, so I can't say which Luau is most authentic. I can say, however, that OLL is in a beautiful location and was very, very good. I believe that the typical mainlander will enjoy it very much. There are some things missing that I know are not authentic (ceremony where runners light the torches comes to mind), but it seemed authentic to me. I do know that many things that may be thought of as authentic were actually invented at the Coco Palms hotel on Kauai from the time period when Elvis stayed there a lot (see the film "Blue Hawaii".) If you want to learn more about the various Luaus, head over to the Hawaii forum at cruise critic http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62 as there are many threads there about the merits of various Luau's and shows.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, LT Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Wailea Marriott Luau

I will be in Maui next week and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can get discount tickets to the Wailea Marriott Luau. I would also welcome your opinion of the show. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:21 am

Going to Maui-Luau

Which is the best Luau to go to?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
A lot of people have posted about this topic. There are numerous threads. If you type in 'maui luau' in Search This Forum (on the main Hawaii page) you'll get a lot of good responses.

I've been to the Old Lahaina Luau & the one at the Hyatt. Both were good & similar.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:34 pm

Depends on what you are looking for. The Feast at Lele is not your usual luau. There is better quality food representative of several Polynesian cultures, and you are served "restaurant style" instead of having to stand in line. Also, the entertainment is great.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by hawaiian flyer
Depends on what you are looking for. The Feast at Lele is not your usual luau. There is better quality food representative of several Polynesian cultures, and you are served "restaurant style" instead of having to stand in line. Also, the entertainment is great.
I've never attended this one but it sounds good. It's also the most expensive. See Prices
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by hawaiian flyer
We went to this one last February.

I've been to several over the years, and I'd have to say this one is the "classiest" of them all.

Probably b/c of the food service at the table, so you don't have to stand in line at the feeding trough.

Some of the dishes excellent....some were just "ok" (from a personal preference standpoint, not a quality standpoint).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.