Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Getting to/from HNL from/to Waikiki - options & costs" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
2018 and Onward thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/1942617-consolidated-getting-hnl-waikiki-thread-2018-onward.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Getting to/from HNL from/to Waikiki - options & costs" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Why would they take another cab service? It was 100% prepaid.

This wasn't their "call for a car" service. It was the prepaid "meet & greet" service.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Why would they take another cab service? It was 100% prepaid.

This wasn't their "call for a car" service. It was the prepaid "meet & greet" service.
My bad...too bad they did not deliver what they promised.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Used Charley's Taxi twice from HNL to HRW, and once from HRW to HNL. All went smoothly, although one driver insisted on being paid in cash. But he drove us to the hotel MUCH faster than I ever could have, when we were rushing to make it in time for evening club lounge service, so I was happy to oblige. ^
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
how much are taxi's costing?? my wife and I are 30 and able to travel walk around and grab our own luggage. do I wait a long time at a cab stand at HNL?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by ac921ol
how much are taxi's costing?? my wife and I are 30 and able to travel walk around and grab our own luggage. do I wait a long time at a cab stand at HNL?
Grab your bags.....walk across the street to a taxi stand....and they will get you a taxi.

40 bucks or so to get into Waikiki.....

I've never waited more than 10 mins....
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
HNL <-> Waikiki Transport options

For years I typically just grabbed a cab when arriving HNL, and for the return, either just getting one at check-out, or using a coupon from one of the multitude of books on the streets.

From time to time in more recent years, there is sometimes now a wait at HNL for a taxi. I've had good success with the return trips.

Are there other private car options for a similar or lower price to a taxi?

It looks like Honolulu finally has Uber X, but the website only lists Uber Black as an airport option, with a $70 fixed fare. Will UberX provide TO HNL transport?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:55 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
There is always The Bus #19 or #20 ($2.50), but your baggage is limited to the same size as typical airline carry-on baggage limits.

http://www.thebus.org/Route/Routes.asp#19
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
We always use go808express.com. Price is reasonable. Try to request Josie as your driver.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by thekaica
We always use go808express.com. Price is reasonable. Try to request Josie as your driver.
I've used Star Discount Taxi a few times, but not in the past couple of years. Still, I had good experiences and recommend them.

http://www.startaxihawaii.com
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just used the Speedi Shuttle. $26.75 return to Waikiki.
2 minute or less wait just past baggage reclaim area "D" and one hotel stop before mine. Took a little bit of time as traffic was very heavy and as usual, most lights on red.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:54 pm

Current status of UberX for HNL pickups?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It looks like Honolulu finally has Uber X, but the website only lists Uber Black as an airport option, with a $70 fixed fare. Will UberX provide TO HNL transport?
Can someone provide an update on the current status of UberX for pickup at HNL? Also for dropoff? Google brings up numerous newspaper articles about ongoing arguments, but I can't tell if I currently can call for an UberX pickup at HNL arrival?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Starman
Can someone provide an update on the current status of UberX for pickup at HNL? Also for dropoff? Google brings up numerous newspaper articles about ongoing arguments, but I can't tell if I currently can call for an UberX pickup at HNL arrival?
Any Uber driver picking up or dropping off risks a huge fine and/or arrest. I'm sure they have done the math...
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Any Uber driver picking up or dropping off risks a huge fine and/or arrest. I'm sure they have done the math...
Thanks for the update. Perhaps this is a naïve question, but is there any obstacle in simply getting onto any curbside free hotel bus outside the airport bag claim area, and then calling Uber for a pickup from the airport hotel? I can't afford a taxi, and may not have enough time for SuperShuttle.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:02 pm

Thanks for the update. Perhaps this is a naïve question, but is there any obstacle in simply getting onto any curbside free hotel bus outside the airport bag claim area, and then calling Uber for a pickup from the airport hotel? I can't afford a taxi, and may not have enough time for SuperShuttle.
You can do that, but Uber will be higher price than taxi, at least they were quoting higher prices from airport area prior to shutting down.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta
Where are you trying to get to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.