Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVED "Renting Cars on Maui - Options, Questions, Suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 5:12 am
Original Poster

ARCHIVED "Renting Cars on Maui - Options, Questions, Suggestions" thread

We will be staying at the maui marriott at the end of july. Do any of the hotels in that area have a car rental desk ?? If yes who's car rental desk is it and in which hotel ???

thanks
Old Jun 2, 2003, 6:33 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you use the Business & attraction locator
function on Marriott.com you'll find there are 8 car rental agencies w/in 2.5 miles of the Maui Marriott, including an Enterprise where they'll pick you up.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 2, 2003, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I know you didn't ask this, but since you'll have a car I recommend two restaurants - Roy's Nicolina in Kahana and Sensei in Kapalua.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
I know you didn't ask this, but since you'll have a car I recommend two restaurants - Roy's Nicolina in Kahana and Sensei in Kapalua.</font>
I think you mean "Sansei" Restaurants rather than "Sensei"... sensei is teacher in Japanese

http://www.sanseihawaii.com/

P.S. Both are great restaurants!
Old Jun 2, 2003, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
The Westin Maui has Hertz.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Another question you didn't ask, but it might be helpful: OGG is one of the few places in the world where I have successfully used Priceline to save money on rental cars. The process was efficient: I did not feel I lost any time by using Priceline vs. a frequent-renter-club service.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 5:27 pm

We have a group going to Maui next week (for my wedding). I have gotten four cars thru Priceline for this trip Two are convertibles, one standard, one full size.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
If you don't mind me asking. What did you get the convertible for through Priceline?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by joebeenyc:
If you don't mind me asking. What did you get the convertible for through Priceline?</font>
You might visit http://www.biddingfortravel.com
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Car Rental in Maui - end of next week - duration: 1 week - how to get cheapest rates?

I looked at Kayak - the cheapest rate (quoted as a daily rate) for the major car rental companies in Maui (for economy or compact cars) ranged from $41 to $44 day. As linked web site (discount Hawaii car rentals) quoted me for a similar type of cars at the base weekly rate of $140+.

Is this booking through one of the web sites, reliable? Are these the cheapest weekly rates that I can get? If not, through what mechanisms do I find cheaper weekly rates?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:59 am

go to www.nationalcar.com, under contract ID put in 5125601. this is a coupon for american express cardmembers.

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I looked at Kayak - the cheapest rate (quoted as a daily rate) for the major car rental companies in Maui (for economy or compact cars) ranged from $41 to $44 day. As linked web site (discount Hawaii car rentals) quoted me for a similar type of cars at the base weekly rate of $140+.

Is this booking through one of the web sites, reliable? Are these the cheapest weekly rates that I can get? If not, through what mechanisms do I find cheaper weekly rates?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:06 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Have you tried Hotwire or Priceline?

It's a big time for rental cars in Hawaii.

Was told yesterday at Budget Honolulu that they have 900 reservations in the coming week and are barging in cars from neighbor islands.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 7:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by piggi
go to www.nationalcar.com, under contract ID put in 5125601. this is a coupon for american express cardmembers.
This contract id gives a much better rate than the emerald club membership contract id #. I got a further $20 discount by using the national car ecoupon (which I printed out) - ND41.

All the national car discounts are summarized in the link:

http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html
Old Jul 6, 2006, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
This contract id gives a much better rate than the emerald club membership contract id #.
Not for me. 5125601 was 33% more than my Emerald Club ID for my upcoming HNL rental. Always good to check various codes though. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: SPG, DM, FF
Priceline

On Monday, I booked a convertible in Maui for $30/day from Hertz for mid August. Lowest price I have found regardless of codes or using my status with Hertz or Enterprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.