Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Current COVID Restrictions for Maui County

Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Topic check - reminder to stay on topic

Aloha - as a reminder to all, FT's rules specifically state: "FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting." FlyinHawaiian and I recognize that it is easy to intertwine political commentary with the policies advanced by politicians that affect travel to Hawaii. However, we ask that you keep in mind the nature of this Hawaii forum and focus your attention on the policies and their impact on travel to/from/within Hawaii. Commentary about Hawaii's politicians are off-topic, belong in the OMNI forum, and will be deleted if posted on this thread. We ask for your kokua and cooperation. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Mahalo,

slippahs, Hawaii forum co-moderator

//TOPIC CHECK - STAY ON TOPIC//

Aloha - as a reminder to all, FT's rules specifically state: "FlyerTalk exists for the discussion of frequent flyer programs and the related travel experience. With the exception of the few areas specifically designated for the discussion of other topics, confine your comments as closely as possible to these topic areas and to the topic of the thread and forum in which you are posting." FlyinHawaiian and I recognize that it is easy to intertwine political commentary with the policies advanced by politicians that affect travel to Hawaii. However, we ask that you keep in mind the nature of this Hawaii forum and focus your attention on the policies and their impact on travel to/from/within Hawaii. Commentary about Hawaii's politicians are off-topic, belong in the OMNI forum, and will be deleted if posted on this thread. We ask for your kokua and cooperation. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Mahalo,

slippahs and FlyinHawaiian, Hawaii Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

Current COVID Restrictions for Maui County

Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Yes, and no. Sort of. On our arrival on Maui, we debated taking our wristbands off, and decided to leave them on until we were settled in. At both the car rental place, and the condo, wearing the wristband was enough to get by. The employees in both cases said they saw our wrist bands, and that was fine. We were "checked".
Interesting.... I didn't even think of that but it makes sense.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Yes, and no. Sort of. On our arrival on Maui, we debated taking our wristbands off, and decided to leave them on until we were settled in. At both the car rental place, and the condo, wearing the wristband was enough to get by. The employees in both cases said they saw our wrist bands, and that was fine. We were "checked".
we arrived at OGG yesterday. Aside from the pre-cleared vs. cleared lines, was not asked for anything by car rental or hotel. I think it was still on when we were at car rental, so maybe they saw that we had them, but not asked/mentioned, and thinking back, we were in room before taking bracelets off, so they were on for check in, but only I was at the desk, wife/kids were not. I was asked for vax card to be able to use spa/gym, and I said my wife could come back later, but when she went to show her [digital CA] card, she was told she was already ‘cleared’.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
"Starting Jan. 8, “fully vaccinated” in Maui County will mean anyone who’s gotten their first series of Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson as well as a booster shot, creating an extra requirement for customers hoping to eat, drink or work out indoors."

"[T]he new definition, [impacts] “high-risk businesses” in Maui County such as restaurants, bars and gyms, where proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test is currently required to enter."

https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-...ing-a-booster/
mtofell likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Governor Ige confirmed that Safe Travels is indeed changing to require a booster to be considered fully vaccinated to enter the state. He didn't give a specific date for the change yet, but said it would be at least 2 weeks away to allow people the chance to boost up.

He is also stongly urging island Mayors to limit access to public spaces (restaurants, gyms, theaters, attractions) to only those that are boosted, but also added that it'll be up to Mayors to enforce such a policy change. Right now Honolulu and Maui counties have the most strict access rules in the islands.
Do you know if Maui is requiring boosters to get a wristband? I am boostered but can't seem to find a way to upload my updated vax card into Safetravels. I know Maui is now requiring boosters for moving around indoor places but am thinking/hoping that doesn't translate to Safetravels.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mtofell
Do you know if Maui is requiring boosters to get a wristband? I am boostered but can't seem to find a way to upload my updated vax card into Safetravels. I know Maui is now requiring boosters for moving around indoor places but am thinking/hoping that doesn't translate to Safetravels.
As of now, you do not need to be boostered to travel to the state. Ige has said he plans to change that at some point and will give two weeks notice when he does. So nothing has changed in Safe Travels as of now and two shots (or one J&J) are sufficient to get precleared.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
The Maui requirements are specific to Maui activities...but SafeTravels is part of a state program that can only be changed on a State level.

It sounds like they're working on modifying SafeTravels to allow for input of a Booster. By the time they figure it out, the Omicron surge will probably be over.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just now on Hawaii News Now, Mayor Mike Victorino said that if the numbers on Maui don’t start to come down or if the hospital gets “stacked”, that he will have no choice but to restrict the capacity in restaurants, bars and gyms down to 50% and he will possibly even mandate that masks to be worn outdoors as well as indoors. Maui has a positivity rate of 22% right now, the highest in the state.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
COVID Boosters No Longer Required After February 7

Beginning Monday, Maui County will drop its booster requirement for patrons of bars, restaurants or gyms. Instead, the booster requirement will be a “recommendation” from the county. Patrons will still need to show proof of vaccination.
https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-...r-requirement/
kirkwoodj and LETTERBOY like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.