Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
RIP

Trusted Testing and Travel Partner(link is external) prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 5-day quarantine.

Additionally, any passengers on any commercial flight from the mainland [US], who are over the age of 18, who download the CLEAR app clearme.com/hawaii and correctly follow the directions can use Health Pass. CLEAR touts Health Pass as a “free, mobile experience by CLEAR, which securely connects a person’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19 related insights, including proof of vaccination, to reduce public health risk.”

Here’s how it works: Travelers will add their negative COVID-19 test result or vaccine verification to the free CLEAR mobile app clearme.com/hawaii to generate a Health Pass. Then they can apply for a quarantine exception on the Hawaii Safe Travels website by linking their CLEAR Health Pass. The secure process may be done over a smartphone.

Employees of airlines participating in pre-clearance programs will scan a passenger’s HI QR code prior to the flight to Hawaii to ensure that all entry requirements are satisfied. Depending on the airline, travelers might receive a wristband to help expedite arrival procedures in Hawaii. If a particular airline does not provide pre- clearance service prior to departure, travelers will be screened upon arrival in Hawaii.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/07/10/hawaii-news/hawaii-streamlines-travel-entry-with-clear-health-pass/?HSA=49ce592a363d295324577e0c19496e69b02ab967

Link to Safe Travels Hawaii Website (Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form) - https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Which "Trips" Need to be entered in Safe Travels?

edit:

Last edited by motytrah; Apr 22, 2021 at 9:41 am
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle

BlueZebra likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
And the good news is you won't need to pay for CLEAR or CommonPass to get entry.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
And the good news is you won't need to pay for CLEAR or CommonPass to get entry.
Sounds like the State has no plan to officially verify out of state vaccines other than just looking at the cards. Just watched a few questions from the press conference and a reporter asked what the process will be like starting June 8th and how will the cards be verified and Gov Ige responded that it will be the same as the Hawaii vaccines are done (i.e upload the card or show it to screener) and never specified how they will be verified.
LETTERBOY and denver19 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Sounds like the State has no plan to officially verify out of state vaccines other than just looking at the cards. Just watched a few questions from the press conference and a reporter asked what the process will be like starting June 8th and how will the cards be verified and Gov Ige responded that it will be the same as the Hawaii vaccines are done (i.e upload the card or show it to screener) and never specified how they will be verified.
Might want to edit this to July 8. Good news!!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This is amazing news!

I wonder if they will accept digital vaccine records from CLEAR or NYS digital pass. I'd prefer not to rely on a my paper vaccine card. It can easily get lost or damaged.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Will children to young to be vaccinated whose parents have been vaccinated be exempt from testing too?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by jetplane86
This is amazing news!

I wonder if they will accept digital vaccine records from CLEAR or NYS digital pass. I'd prefer not to rely on a my paper vaccine card. It can easily get lost or damaged.
No they will only accept the physical CDC vaccine cards. It’s stupid too because the passes are more secure than the paper cards, but that is Hawaii’s thinking. Note if you want you to, you can still use a negative COVID test from a trusted partner for quarantine exemption if you want even after July 8th. Walgreens offers free COVID testing and several locations have the ID Now rapid test which might be an option if you don’t want to take your paper vaccine card with you.

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Will children to young to be vaccinated whose parents have been vaccinated be exempt from testing too?
Yes everyone who is unvaccinated and over the age of 5 will still need to take a pre-travel COVID test from a trusted partner if they want to avoid quarantine until Hawaii reaches 70% fully vaccinated which at that point, all travel restrictions (even those unvaccinated) will end.
denver19 likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 25, 2021 at 3:13 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yes everyone who is unvaccinated and over the age of 5 will still need to take a pre-travel COVID test from a trusted partner if they want to avoid quarantine until Hawaii reaches 70% fully vaccinated which at that point, all travel restrictions (even those unvaccinated) will end.
Thanks. How do they confirm the age of the kid? Our son is 5 but could pass for 4 pretty easily. Not like he has a drivers license.
denver19 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:12 pm

Thanks. How do they confirm the age of the kid? Our son is 5 but could pass for 4 pretty easily. Not like he has a drivers license.
True I guess they really can’t! Just like they have no way of officially verifying the out of state vaccine cards.
denver19 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
https://mauinow.com/2021/06/24/break...5-mjbuNVQapFgM

BREAKING: Hawaiʻi Eases Travel and Gathering Guidelines on July 8 as Vaccination Rate Nears 60%

Hawaiʻi is expected to reach a 60% fully vaccinated rate by July 8, which will result in relaxed rules relating to travel and social gatherings.

Beginning July 8:
  • Hawaiʻi will accept vaccination records from other states and US territories to bypass quarantine/pre-travel testing.
  • Social gatherings will increase from the current 10 individuals to 25 indoors and from 25 individuals currently to 75 outdoors statewide.
  • Restaurants will be able to seat up to 75% of their capacity (with a maximum group size of 25 indoors and 75 outdoors).
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
There's probably no realistic way for them to verify other states' vaccines. A lot of states probably wouldn't be willing to share that information. Can you imagine Ron DeSantis in FL (for example) agreeing to that?
denver19 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:47 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Well if you haven't booked for this summer already, it seems like you're in for big sticker shock.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
There's probably no realistic way for them to verify other states' vaccines. A lot of states probably wouldn't be willing to share that information. Can you imagine Ron DeSantis in FL (for example) agreeing to that?
Here's how they can verify it for CA: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

I got my QR code and it literally just encodes the text string 'shc:/' followed by about 1500-1600 digits in the range [0-9]. Obviously it's either referring to an entry in a database or it's somehow encrypted, and my barcode scanner can't decode anything more than that. Businesses (as well as other states) supposedly would have the ability to verify it, probably by connecting to California's vaccination record database somehow. The record is supposed to include my name, DOB, the vaccine I got, and the dates the two doses were given.

Policy should simply be that either your state provides a way for them to verify it, or you take a test or quarantine. Don't like it, complain to your legislature. They're not obligated to let you bypass quarantine if they can't verify your status, as we've seen during these past 9-12 months.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: UA, AS
There are many ways it could be done. First of all, you have to make choice, do you lie about his birthdate when booking the ticket? Does the kid have a FF number associated with his ticket that links to his birthdate? Has he ever been involved in a program that reports to the government? Public School? Does he have a US SSN? Do you list him on your tax returns and will he travel with you? Do you feel lucky? Depending on what level of checking they decide to do falsifying his information could end poorly.

If it were my kid I would get him a pre-travel test, answer honestly and not have to worry about it.
LIH Prem, dlaue, BlueZebra and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.