Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
RIP

Trusted Testing and Travel Partner(link is external) prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 5-day quarantine.

Additionally, any passengers on any commercial flight from the mainland [US], who are over the age of 18, who download the CLEAR app clearme.com/hawaii and correctly follow the directions can use Health Pass. CLEAR touts Health Pass as a “free, mobile experience by CLEAR, which securely connects a person’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19 related insights, including proof of vaccination, to reduce public health risk.”

Here’s how it works: Travelers will add their negative COVID-19 test result or vaccine verification to the free CLEAR mobile app clearme.com/hawaii to generate a Health Pass. Then they can apply for a quarantine exception on the Hawaii Safe Travels website by linking their CLEAR Health Pass. The secure process may be done over a smartphone.

Employees of airlines participating in pre-clearance programs will scan a passenger’s HI QR code prior to the flight to Hawaii to ensure that all entry requirements are satisfied. Depending on the airline, travelers might receive a wristband to help expedite arrival procedures in Hawaii. If a particular airline does not provide pre- clearance service prior to departure, travelers will be screened upon arrival in Hawaii.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/07/10/hawaii-news/hawaii-streamlines-travel-entry-with-clear-health-pass/?HSA=49ce592a363d295324577e0c19496e69b02ab967

Link to Safe Travels Hawaii Website (Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form) - https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a
Print Wikipost

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
Also, the site only asked for one flight and not any information about my connection to my final destination--is that normal? Thanks! (Not leaving until 7/12 so I have some time.) FYI--I cleared my cookies and no change.
With no restrictions on inter-island travel now, the system may only care about where you enter Hawaii, since that's the only place you'll be checked.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Clear Digital Vaccine now accepted in Hawaii Safe Travels

https://thepointsguy.com/news/hawaii...e-partnership/

If you got your vaccine at one of Clears partners it might be better to use this instead as your vaccine won’t need to be manually verified and you will have no issues getting a wristband (there was a report over in the DL thread that anyone using a vaccine that needed manual verification couldn’t get a wristband). Clear also accepts the State of California Vaccine Passport QR code so if you got your vaccine anywhere in California, you just need to upload that code to Clear and then link your Safe Travels account to Clear to get a pre-approved exemption.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:11 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Clear also accepts the State of California Vaccine Passport QR code so if you got your vaccine anywhere in California, you just need to upload that code to Clear and then link your Safe Travels account to Clear to get a pre-approved exemption.
Hot tip! Done, thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: Platinum

If you got your vaccine at one of Clears partners it might be better to use this instead as your vaccine won’t need to be manually verified and you will have no issues getting a wristband (there was a report over in the DL thread that anyone using a vaccine that needed manual verification couldn’t get a wristband). Clear also accepts the State of California Vaccine Passport QR code so if you got your vaccine anywhere in California, you just need to upload that code to Clear and then link your Safe Travels account to Clear to get a pre-approved exemption.
The Clear app is free, Clear Pass is $, for those who are curious.

I tried to enter my CDC card, but it seems like the Oregon provider I used for my vaccination is not in their list 😕

Moot point I guess , since I’m traveling with my 17 year old, who turns 18 in a week.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by frankmu

I tried to enter my CDC card, but it seems like the Oregon provider I used for my vaccination is not in their list 😕
Same, except not Oregon
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by frankmu
The Clear app is free, Clear Pass is $, for those who are curious.
The Clear Hawaii Health Pass is free to use.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold

That sounds more like a DL-specific problem (since they aren't pre-clearing all the time/on all Hawaii flights they don't know what they're doing) than a manual versus whatever verification. I'd be curious if having it in Clear would make a difference for them.

As a data point, a friend who flew AS yesterday had no problem getting a wristband.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Calcifer
That sounds more like a DL-specific problem (since they aren't pre-clearing all the time/on all Hawaii flights they don't know what they're doing) than a manual versus whatever verification. I'd be curious if having it in Clear would make a difference for them.

As a data point, a friend who flew AS yesterday had no problem getting a wristband.
It definitely does make a difference because using Clear gives you a pre-cleared exemption (it shows up with a Green Exempt checkmark below your QR code) and your vaccine was pre-verified so it won’t need to be shown. The person over on the DL forum said they were able to process anyone who uploaded a test result or was vaccinated in Hawaii because those are all pre-approved and don’t require manual verification.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've linked my vaccination records with the Clear app. However, I noticed that lot no. is missing in the app. I can see the lot no. when I login to the patient portal so that information exists. It seems like I'm not alone in this either.

If Clear users are getting pre-approved, perhaps this is a moot point, but it would be great to hear about real life experiences.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool. I used my California QR code in the Clear app and it looks like I'll be all set (trip isn't for several weeks).
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Cool. I used my California QR code in the Clear app and it looks like I'll be all set (trip isn't for several weeks).
Don’t forget to log into your Hawaii Safe Travels account to link your Clear Hawaii Health Pass to it so you can get the pre-approved exemption.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don’t forget to log into your Hawaii Safe Travels account to link your Clear Hawaii Health Pass to it so you can get the pre-approved exemption.

Hmm. I'm getting: "Clear could not find matching Health Pass for this traveler or trip"
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Hmm. I'm getting: "Clear could not find matching Health Pass for this traveler or trip"
Did you fill out the Specific Hawaii Health Pass or did you just upload your digital vaccine. You must fill out the Hawaii Health pass first in order to have your Safe Travels account read it.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Super easy on UA at IAH

Got wristbands at IAH terminal E UC (IAH-HNL UA 253 departs from gate E7 today). Went up escalator after checking into UC, there’s a lei on the customer service desk. Agent scanned our QR codes and checked our vaccine cards, handed us wristbands. Easy peasy. Hope just as easy on HNL arrival, looks like it should be. Aloha.
LIH Prem and frankmu like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Data point here - I'm traveling back of Maui next week and have my daughter here on the mainland with me. She was vaccinated in Hawaii and I got mine on the mainland. When registering and uploading our cards into Safetravels hers immediately went to green and mine remains red. I imagine once we get screened at the airport mine will turn green as well. I can't imagine they can link up and verify her card in real time so I was a bit surprised to see the instant green.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.