Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
RIP

Trusted Testing and Travel Partner(link is external) prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 5-day quarantine.

Additionally, any passengers on any commercial flight from the mainland [US], who are over the age of 18, who download the CLEAR app clearme.com/hawaii and correctly follow the directions can use Health Pass. CLEAR touts Health Pass as a “free, mobile experience by CLEAR, which securely connects a person’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19 related insights, including proof of vaccination, to reduce public health risk.”

Here’s how it works: Travelers will add their negative COVID-19 test result or vaccine verification to the free CLEAR mobile app clearme.com/hawaii to generate a Health Pass. Then they can apply for a quarantine exception on the Hawaii Safe Travels website by linking their CLEAR Health Pass. The secure process may be done over a smartphone.

Employees of airlines participating in pre-clearance programs will scan a passenger’s HI QR code prior to the flight to Hawaii to ensure that all entry requirements are satisfied. Depending on the airline, travelers might receive a wristband to help expedite arrival procedures in Hawaii. If a particular airline does not provide pre- clearance service prior to departure, travelers will be screened upon arrival in Hawaii.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/07/10/hawaii-news/hawaii-streamlines-travel-entry-with-clear-health-pass/?HSA=49ce592a363d295324577e0c19496e69b02ab967

Link to Safe Travels Hawaii Website (Mandatory State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form) - https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a
Print Wikipost

State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program (Ends March 25, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Reading the wording of these rules, does it mean that e.g somebody travelling from Mexico cannot enter Hawaii as of this moment? Even if vaccinated in US and having the vaccination CDC card?

Thanks

Are there any non-stop flights between Mexico and Hawaii?

You can always enter Hawaii as long as it's not prohibited by the federal government, however you might not be eligible for the Hawaii safe travels program, which can give you a quarantine exemption in Hawaii.

Otherwise I think you could fly to Los Angeles (or whatever convenient US gateway you prefer), comply with any (CDC and local) arrival requirements there, get tested in Los Angeles at a Hawaii Safe Travels approved partner and then proceed to Hawaii using the Hawaii safe travels program.

here's some info from Hawaiian Airlines that might help, though it's describing international travel arriving in Hawaii:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/cor...esting-mandate

-David
flymexico2010 likes this.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 26, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Has anyone heard or care to speculate if the vaccine cards are going to affect the wristband programs?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by mtofell
Has anyone heard or care to speculate if the vaccine cards are going to affect the wristband programs?
Hoping the airlines that check accounts for negative tests to issue wristbands will be able to match up accounts, vax cards and IDs and issue wristbands in that case as well. Otherwise, I could see the wristbands racing by the hoards of people lined up that are actually vaccinated. That would be a clumsy reversal!

I will find out Oct 2.
denver19 and mtofell like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Hoping the airlines that check accounts for negative tests to issue wristbands will be able to match up accounts, vax cards and IDs and issue wristbands in that case as well. Otherwise, I could see the wristbands racing by the hoards of people lined up that are actually vaccinated. That would be a clumsy reversal!

I will find out Oct 2.
I will find out July 10
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BlueZebra

I will find out Oct 2.
There is a good chance by October 2nd that the entire Safe Travels program will have ended.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I will find out July 10
Hoping it will be a good outcome. But I suspect it may take a bit of time for the airlines to make the adjustments.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:59 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
This is just...AWESOME news! Planning a visit in September and was pre-rolling my eyes about the cherry-on-top $125 test (some of it just annoying logistics) on top of those awful rental car rates...
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The Safe Travels site now accepts vaccination card uploads from states outside of Hawaii =)
LETTERBOY and frankmu like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lily23
The Safe Travels site now accepts vaccination card uploads from states outside of Hawaii =)
Where are you seeing that? The vaccine exemption I'm seeing still says:

HOW TO EXPEDITE EXCEPTION FROM QUARANTINE USING COVID VACCINE
  • Fully vaccinated travelers who received their vaccine in Hawaii may be eligible to travel to Hawaii from the continental US or from a US territory without having to pre-test or self-quarantine.
  • Travelers eligibility begins no sooner than the 15th day after your final vaccination dose.
  • Traveler must upload a good quality PDF or image file of your CDC COVID-19 vaccination card, VAMS printout or DOD Form DD 2766C.
  • Please only upload the side that includes your name, date of birth, and vaccination information.
  • Upon arrival at the airport, travelers must have their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card, VAMS printout or DOD Form DD 2766C in hand for verification
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by lily23
Thanks for the update! Vaccine card uploaded!
LETTERBOY and lily23 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frankmu
Thanks for the update! Vaccine card uploaded!
Are you flying after July 8?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Are you flying after July 8?
yes
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

HOW TO EXPEDITE EXCEPTION FROM QUARANTINE USING COVID VACCINE
  • Fully vaccinated travelers who received their vaccine in Hawaii may be eligible to travel to Hawaii from the continental US or from a US territory without having to pre-test or self-quarantine.
  • Travelers eligibility begins no sooner than the 15th day after your final vaccination dose.
  • Traveler must upload a good quality PDF or image file of your CDC COVID-19 vaccination card, VAMS printout or DOD Form DD 2766C.
  • Please only upload the side that includes your name, date of birth, and vaccination information.
  • Upon arrival at the airport, travelers must have their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card, VAMS printout or DOD Form DD 2766C in hand for verification
Previously if you went through the vaccine card upload process, once you got to the drop down menu for what state you got your vaccine in, there would only be "Hawaii" and "other" and if you selected "other", you would get an error message that they're only accepting Hawaii vaccines. Now, all the states are listed in the drop down menu and you can make it all the way to the end of the upload CDC card process. I think maybe they just forgot to update the verbiage?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:56 am

I was able to upload my CDC card on 6/28. For some reason it wouldn't let me on my desktop but did on my phone.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:49 pm

The vaccine exemption expands to the rest of the USA starting July 8. For those people arriving July 8 or later, they can now upload their vaccine cards.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.