Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Travaasa Hana [Archived Posts]

Travaasa Hana [Archived Posts]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 1, 20, 8:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
As of August 1, 2020 this property is closed with an announced plan that the hotel will be renamed as the Hāna-Maui Resort managed by Hyatt under the Destination Hotels brand on September 1, 2020.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ember-1st.html

Please look for active threads discussing this property in the Hyatt (World of Hyatt) Forum - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 1, 20, 6:31 pm

I also saw that story on Hawaii News Now, but couldn't find anything confirming it ... until today

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/01/trava...ment-by-hyatt/

-David
Old Aug 4, 20, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
I also saw that story on Hawaii News Now, but couldn't find anything confirming it ... until today

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/01/trava...ment-by-hyatt/

-David
A great place with an ever changing hotel management / ownership. Sad for that reason. Also, the staff there "out lives" virtually all owners of the place. They are local east Maui people who and very proud and extremely easy to deal with. I wish them luck but a bit sorry to see it is now re-flagged as a Hyatt. But I'll still return, I always do.......
Old Aug 4, 20, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has anyone seen anything, including speculation, about when they'll actually open as a Hyatt? Laying off staff several weeks after reflagging could mean that everyone just needs to apply to be rehired under new management (maybe with the date set by union agreements or local labor protection laws) or it could mean that they plan to be closed for a long time. Except for COVID-19, I would also suggest that they might be planning an extensive renovation before opening as a Hyatt, but this doesn't seem to be a good time to do any optional renovations/upgrades to hotels.
Old Aug 4, 20, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Has anyone seen anything, including speculation, about when they'll actually open as a Hyatt? Laying off staff several weeks after reflagging could mean that everyone just needs to apply to be rehired under new management (maybe with the date set by union agreements or local labor protection laws) or it could mean that they plan to be closed for a long time. Except for COVID-19, I would also suggest that they might be planning an extensive renovation before opening as a Hyatt, but this doesn't seem to be a good time to do any optional renovations/upgrades to hotels.
One of the news reports said 100% of the staff would be rehired, so that is good news.
Grover likes this.
Old Aug 4, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT View Post
One of the news reports said 100% of the staff would be rehired, so that is good news.
LOL, who else are they going to hire in east Maui. Unless they literally import outside staff from the main land and attempted to put them up in the little remaining housing out there (not cool) they HAVE to rehire the locals. This has happened now countless times over the past 30 plus years. BTW, don't get me wrong, I think it is great as well that they rehire the local staff.
COSPILOT likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: