Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL International Arrivals Protocol/Gate Assignments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

HNL International Arrivals Protocol/Gate Assignments

I am wondering what the specific procedure is for passengers internationally arriving HNL from the Diamond Head concourse (G gates) and the D/F gates. As far as I know, there are no sterile corridors and the escalators are in the departure lounge. Are the lounges blocked off so the arrival pax can climb the escalator to the WikiWiki Bus? How is this done? All I know so far is the Ewa/C gates have a sterile corridor separate from the departure lounge, and that only F/G (not D) require the WikiWiki bus.

Also, how does the State of Hawaii assign common use gates? Simply by computer? I've noticed the airlines use gates in similar areas (e.g. United mainly in Diamond Head, Hawaiian mainly in Ewa) yet the specific gates fluctuate since they are common use, like Miami as well as many airports outside of the US.

Thanks in advance for the insight!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Since these are HNL specific questions and not exclusively about travel security, please follow this thread as it moves to the Hawaii forum.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:44 pm

International arrivals at the Diamond Head wing is an awful experience ... (or any gate an HNL not directly connected/walkable to Immigration).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30748884-post29.html

The airport authority has plans to upgrade the Diamond Head wing with it's own immigration and customs facility, but this is many years away from happening.

State unveils plan to build $1.1B concourse at Honolulu airport

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 7, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.