FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Four Seasons on Lanai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
It was better than that! We flew Alaska First from Seattle, and for the flights we took, adding the hop to Lana'i took the price from $2,124 to $2,882 - that's just over $750 for 2 people for HNL-LNY (I was shocked when I priced this out). There were more expensive flights with cheaper HNL-LNY legs available, but the total cost was similar.

The private car transfer from LNY to the hotel costs a bunch too.

Based on published prices, this private charter was cheaper than flying commercial and buying the private car transfer!
Wow that's nuts - we're going soon and flying AA-HA, and the price was basically the same as a rt to HNL, the HA segment to LNY didn't appreciably increase the fare, and I thought it was more than worth it to have our bags checked through.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My wife and I are thinking about a weeklong trip to the islands around the first week of July. Neither of us have been to Lanai before, but if we go, I think it'd make sense to do it big and stay at the Four Seasons, which seems like the luxury hotel to be at on the island. Does anyone have past experience / opinions about the hotel and if it is worth it? For reference, we would like compare against Kauai, as that is the other main island my wife has not been to (I was in the Hanalei Bay area, but that was almost 20 years ago...so I don't mentally count it )
We may run into you there. We're looking at doing July 3-5 in Lanai.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:54 pm

I booked for June for 1/2 week at the FS Lanai and 1/2 week at FS Wailea with every intention on taking the Lanai Air charter from OGG. Booked everything and called to book the air charter... and there's no availability. Kind of annoying, honestly. I guess we're taking the ferry now? Does anyone have any better ideas?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by manda99
I booked for June for 1/2 week at the FS Lanai and 1/2 week at FS Wailea with every intention on taking the Lanai Air charter from OGG. Booked everything and called to book the air charter... and there's no availability. Kind of annoying, honestly. I guess we're taking the ferry now? Does anyone have any better ideas?
From where to where are you going?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by krazieman
We may run into you there. We're looking at doing July 3-5 in Lanai.
Our estimates on the arrival of the young’un was off by more than a month...so we ended up booking a trip for the week before Memorial Day, and we burned a good chunk of UR points and stay at a suite in the Andaz Wailea in Maui. Do report back, though - I would still like to make it back sometime in the future!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Kris Flyer, Qantas, Velocity
Great reviews and advice on this thread. I have a tough decision, and could use some experienced help.

My partner and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary next year. We were married on Maui, and honeymooned at the FS Wailea. We always said we would go back for or 5 year, and to see the renovation. BUT..... It appears our 4 night trip may be perfectly timed with 2020 Spring Break (we were planning on a 23 March arrival, this is set in stone, as we are adding this to a group holiday to Costa Rica just prior). I have read reviews where FS Wailea is "a zoo", staff are "overwhelmed by the hotel being at capacity", etc. The adult pool cabanas have increased in price to $1000 and $1100 per day. We were also looking forward to the ultimate dining experience again, as this is still one of our greatest memories together.

In comes FS Lanai. It looks beautiful, we figured a lot less families would make the journey there, but some people seem mixed on the service and "luxury".

Finally, the questions.....
- Anyone from the US able to confirm if those are Spring Break dates? It seems to run for a month depending on the sites we try to look at.
- Has anyone been to either resort during the Easter holiday period? Thoughts?
- Votes for Wailea vs Lanai? Based on the "FS Experience" - Relax, Service, Quality (food/room), Ammenities, and Spa.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:05 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by robtemt
Great reviews and advice on this thread. I have a tough decision, and could use some experienced help.

My partner and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary next year. We were married on Maui, and honeymooned at the FS Wailea. We always said we would go back for or 5 year, and to see the renovation. BUT..... It appears our 4 night trip may be perfectly timed with 2020 Spring Break (we were planning on a 23 March arrival, this is set in stone, as we are adding this to a group holiday to Costa Rica just prior). I have read reviews where FS Wailea is "a zoo", staff are "overwhelmed by the hotel being at capacity", etc. The adult pool cabanas have increased in price to $1000 and $1100 per day. We were also looking forward to the ultimate dining experience again, as this is still one of our greatest memories together.

In comes FS Lanai. It looks beautiful, we figured a lot less families would make the journey there, but some people seem mixed on the service and "luxury".

Finally, the questions.....
- Anyone from the US able to confirm if those are Spring Break dates? It seems to run for a month depending on the sites we try to look at.
- Has anyone been to either resort during the Easter holiday period? Thoughts?
- Votes for Wailea vs Lanai? Based on the "FS Experience" - Relax, Service, Quality (food/room), Ammenities, and Spa.

Congrats on the milestone!!

Having been to both, I'd highly suggest FS Lanai for your trip.

Regarding spring break...various schools can have different weeks, spanning from mid-March - mid-April.
But SB will have a higher impact on Maui than Lanai. For couples, I think Lanai will be more special, for sure.

Hope this helps
747FC likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:31 pm

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by robtemt
- Anyone from the US able to confirm if those are Spring Break dates?
I can confirm that Spring Break for my 13yo son is always the last week of March, and it is the same for him next year. We are big fans of both resorts but I agree with Besvisor that FS Lanai will be a great choice for your anniversary celebration over Spring Break in the states. The other option that we love is a combo stay. Fly into OGG and go to FS Maui. Ferry over to FS Lanai. Fly from Lanai to HNL, and then home from there. Super easy and this works really well for us because we do love both resorts.
Congrats on your anniversary and have a great trip!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:25 pm

Thanks again everyone for your advice. We did go back and forth over the decision. In the end, we booked Lanai!

Our rate for 4 nights in March 2020 was about $1550/night for an oceanview room. It includes a $200 a night F&B credit, and a one time $100 F&B credit. We booked through a FSPP so we are hoping for a good upgrade (maybe to a Suite ), but even a one tier upgrade puts us in an ocean front room. Checking rates just this past week, we found the same room dropped to $1247 a night. Our agent was more than happy to amend our booking through FS.

We chose to do the Lanai Air flight at $500 a couple each way (we didn't charter it out, at I think, $2500.. so we might have to share). And while some have said $1000 return is a lot, we compared it to booking Ohana by Hawaiian (we are flying from Costa Rica via LAX so going into HNL). Flying commercial would have cost us:
$285 return for two. BUT, no baggage is included in neighbour island flights. = $285 (bargain right?!?!?!). Well.......
Baggage fees.... $25 for first bag, and $35 for second (we will have 2 each, we are on a 4 week trip, lots of shopping). $60 per person X 2 X 2= $240
$35 overweight bag fee (over 50lbs) (we get 32KG for all of our other flights, and we will use it). $25 per bag X 4 X 2 = $280

$805 is the total for two, so the extra $195 was a no brainer for us to go private instead.

We've also booked:
The couples Suite Serenity at the spa (90 min massage, 30 min scrub, 60 minute facial, plus lunch and champagne)
Private dinner under the stars
Arial yoga (we did it at FS Jimbaran Bay, it was great)
Sunset sailing

Factors that influenced our decision to go to Lanai over Maui:
- Advice on here
- Our FSPP agent telling us he only books families to FS Maui now
- The reviews for FS Maui have really started to show a negative trend in their level of service (adult pool seat reserving process, staff, etc.)
- The appeal of a quiet, secluded/isolated, relaxing property.

We are really looking forward to this trip!
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:43 pm

Is it possible to book via Citi Prestige for 4th night free and get FSPP benefits?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:06 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Billy Bandit
Is it possible to book via Citi Prestige for 4th night free and get FSPP benefits?
To my knowledge, that's not possible. I believe Citi uses a travel agency (CW) for their bookings.
FSPP amenities has to be booked via a FSPP Advisor/Agency and you can't have two agencies on the same booking.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:19 pm

Wanted to add my experience notes coming off of 3 nights here a few days ago. This is a remarkable property and Four Seasons team. We took the charter in, which is a seamless way to get to the island; it is a steal (we also chanced it to have others on the flight, outbound we had no one, inbound a couple). Pick up on the tarmac by a Model X.

Handoff and entry into the hotel was perfect. We were celebrating a special occasion and all the staff seemed to know. Everyone we encountered knew our names. Sunset cruise and snorkeling are not to be missed. We had a partial ocean view courtesy of BESVISOR s help. Fit and finishing of the rooms are top notch.

This is an ideal beach getaway without the crowds. I can’t speak highly enough of the team.

For reference our favourite FS is the Florence location. The FS Ko Olina was a terrible shock (more like a nice Radisson) coming from Lanai.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:08 am

Sounds like a perfect trip Milwaukee! Thanks for the update.

We have been fussing over all of our other plans for this trip, in fact, we just changed our Villa in Costa Rica last week for a march trip as we found what we all felt was a better location, and about $6K less expensive for equal home for 4 couples. The FS portion of our trip is the only one we haven't looked at again, except for photos and rates. We were checking prices for a while, and our room went from 1550 a night to 1200 a night, and our PP agent had no issues with amending our booking. The rates went back up a week later and haven't changed again.

86 days until check-in!

Last edited by robtemt; Dec 26, 2019 at 3:05 am
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone stayed at this property after Hawaii re opened or have plans to do so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.