Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Lyft or Uber available from KOA to Kona town area?

Old May 24, 18, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

I checked both websites and can't schedule a ride from KOA to points south. Does KOA ban airport pickups by these two companies? Work around?

Mahalo
Old May 25, 18, 1:20 am

Programs: HH Silver
The last I read, they do ban Uber. I think you might be able to ride the car rental shuttle, and then Uber from there.

I put all that in the thread you started a while back about going without a car on the BI.

Lol, I would REALLY rethink going without a car now that the Vog is hanging over Kailua-Kona like a sheet. Not that it wasn't before, but from what I hear, its really bad now. I am trying to change my plans for June to skip Kailua-Kona altogether. I guess if the Vog never bothered you before, it might not now.

Please come back and let us know if you found a work around.

Last edited by tatterdema; May 25, 18 at 1:31 am
Old May 25, 18, 11:21 am
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I picked the Hertz address at KOA and entered it in Uber and Lyft and they both say they are not able to give me a quote. I'll try the mobile app. later.

The VOG doesn't bother us much. We have friends that live there and they say it is tolerable. But not if you have respiratory issues.

We're considering renting a car when we arrive so we can do all our shopping and then returning it the following day. A shuttle form KOA into town runs about $18 o/w. Still looking at all options.

Search this Thread