From the BBC;

Hawaii volcano: Man hit by lava in first serious Kilauea injury - BBC News

about the injured man.

Hope everyone in the affected area is safe

TBS
Old May 20, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by azepine00
I ve been to hawaii prob 40-50 times ove the last 15 years..

Lets not overdramatize "economic hardships" - lodging rentals activities etc prices have been completely out of whack recently fleecing tourists at every opportunity

Drop the prices and i ll go on moment's notice - volcano 50 miles away doesnt bother me but 300+ room rate plus fees for a generic garden view room does...
Sadly I have to agree to a point. This year will be my 5th and probably last trip. It will finish up my bucket list to visit each of the islands, with a week on Kauai. While I love the beautiful scenery and weather, I just cannot justify the price. I can travel to Mexico and have better accomodation, better food, friendlier people, for a quarter of the price, and a shorter flight.

Thoughts are with those that live in the affected area and are losing their homes though. I think the rest of the Island will pull through just fine, in fact all the lava footage will probably increase tourism.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.