Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

3 days in Hawaii (Honolulu and Kaui)

Old Dec 12, 17, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Spending 3 days in Hawaii because it fits as a stop over between Shanghai and USA. Would you guys say its doable to see both Kauai and Honolulu in 3 total days? I see flights between the two are only a half hour. Let me know if you all think 3 days total is enough time. I'd say I'd spend one day in each with middle in between flying between the two.
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
fay637:

Honolulu is basically the whole island of Oahu. One could spend weeks exploring the many sights/activities of "Honolulu". It is possible to do 2 Hawaiian Islands in 3 days, but it would be a hectic 3 days, missing more experiences than gaining the great Aloha of 1 island.
aztimm likes this.
Old Dec 13, 17, 10:18 pm

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by fay637 View Post
Spending 3 days in Hawaii because it fits as a stop over between Shanghai and USA. Would you guys say its doable to see both Kauai and Honolulu in 3 total days? I see flights between the two are only a half hour. Let me know if you all think 3 days total is enough time. I'd say I'd spend one day in each with middle in between flying between the two.
What are your goals? What do you want to see?

Sure, the flight is less than 0.5 hour. But there is traffic in HNL to/from airport, long TSA lines, etc. Do you want to allocate five-six hours of your Hawaii trip to flying interisland?
Old Dec 22, 17, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fay637 View Post
I like to spend a few days in Honolulu and just chill out but 3 days is doable.
I have flown to Kauai in the early morning, rent a car on arrival, spend the entire day hiking and going to the beach and then fly back at night.
if done ahead of time you could get good prices on flights (or use miles) and a car for a day runs around 80-100$ for the smaller ones all-in
In Honolulu wakes up early and climb up Diamond Head. It is about 45 minutes and very fun. The views are great.

Search this Thread