Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Boingo Wifi Coming to HNL [Now Partially Operational b/w Gates 12-25; Others to Come]

Boingo Wifi Coming to HNL [Now Partially Operational b/w Gates 12-25; Others to Come]

Old Apr 6, 17, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Pacific Business News posted an article yesterday that the DOT has signed a contract with Boingo for wireless service at HNL, replacing Shaka Net. It's subscriber only so I can't read the article itself for further details.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...eless-for.html
Old Apr 6, 17, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I never quite understood why they didn't offer free wi-fi like so many other airports with a large tourism presence.

Some people sit there for a few hours waiting to connect to an interisland flight.
Old Apr 7, 17, 12:48 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
I never quite understood why they didn't offer free wi-fi like so many other airports with a large tourism presence. Some people sit there for a few hours waiting to connect to an interisland flight.
I've heard that the equipment needs to be upgraded to handle the higher volume that free wifi would bring.
Old Apr 7, 17, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That makes sense.
Old Dec 15, 17, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
First time my phone picked up the Boingo hotspot as I was heading past Gates 12/13 but then lost the connection once I got to the DH Concourse. So it looks like the installation is moving forward.
Old Dec 16, 17, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Can't come soon enough. Still no free wifi in HNL over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Old Dec 21, 17, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
First time my phone picked up the Boingo hotspot as I was heading past Gates 12/13 but then lost the connection once I got to the DH Concourse. So it looks like the installation is moving forward.
Looks like I caught it during a soft opening. Presser today that announces officially that Boingo is operational... HOWEVER, only available in the ticketing lobbies and between gates 12 and 25. Not available in the DH, Ewa, or inter island concourses yet..........

Free Wi-Fi debuts at Daniel K. Inouye Airport

Search this Thread