Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Layover at HNL, What to Do?" Thread (2016 and Onward)

Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/727626-consolidated-layover-hnl-what-do-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Layover at HNL, What to Do?" Thread (2016 and Onward)

Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
@FlyinHawaiian - Thanks for the tip on the Ube/Mac bar. I would try it today, but closed until Wed.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:51 am

Any updates post-COVID? 3.5 hour HNL layover between 6:30pm - 10:00pm. First off plane. Have Pre-Check and Clear. Nico's Pier 38 has a website notice talking about construction on Nimitz Highway? Is Mitch's Fish Market and Sushi walkable from HNL? Any other ideas? Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:27 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was at Nico's mid-January and didn't note any construction or access issues. It remains, IMO, a solid spot for a decent plate lunches, especially seafood-based ones. There's lots of seating and service is quick. 6:30 pm should be clear of rush hour traffic,
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I was at Nico's mid-January and didn't note any construction or access issues. It remains, IMO, a solid spot for a decent plate lunches, especially seafood-based ones. There's lots of seating and service is quick. 6:30 pm should be clear of rush hour traffic,
Thanks, outstanding food Tuesday evening. But the construction is a real concern starting at 7:30pm. My 10 minute wait for Uber turned into 40 minutes as the driver attempted to access the entrance. Thankfully, made it back to HNL in plenty of time thanks to the quick service turn at Nico's.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
HNL Same Day Return

This time I am doing MR to HNL and same day return with 5 hours lay over in HNL airport. Any suggestions on quick 2 hour driving destination or is it better off to just hang out in the lounges.
Old May 15, 2023, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The lounges at HNL aren't that special (except for the Dole Whip at the United Club and Mochi Ice Cream at the Delta Sky Club). You'd have time to exit the airport for a quick meal at the very least. I've moved your question into this thread as it has many options for your to consider.
Old May 15, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
This time I am doing MR to HNL and same day return with 5 hours lay over in HNL airport. Any suggestions on quick 2 hour driving destination or is it better off to just hang out in the lounges.
Plumeria Beach House at The Kahala Hotel . Great atmosphere.

Nicos. Close to airport.
rajhyd99 likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Is Pearl Habor destination achievable in 2-3 hours ?
Old May 17, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Is Pearl Habor destination achievable in 2-3 hours ?
looks like answers got moved to end of this thread: Consolidated "Going to Pearl Harbor -- Questions & Suggestions" thread - Page 5 - FlyerTalk Forums

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.