Wiki Posts
Search

SIM Card in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

SIM Card in Hawaii

Hi all,

I will be flying from New Zealand into Honolulu during the Christmas break.

We will be following a tour group for most of the trip, but we will have some free time.

I plan to get a SIM card, but I'm not sure where to get one. Will there be a shop in Honolulu Airport after we land?

We will be there for a week, so I'm thinking I'll need 2GBs of data and maybe 100 minutes or something like that.

What are my best options?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I've never purchased one in HI but a google search found this place: http://www.hokuwireless.com/ Enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:33 pm

As a Canadian, I used the Walmart T-Mobile 30 plan.
I bought the SIM at Walmart in Honolulu and used the free wifi in Walmart to activate it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-...M-Kit/39081494

$30 includes 100 minutes of talk, unlimited international texting (meaning to anyone in the world) and unlimited data (first 5gb up to 4g speeds) plus you can add $2.99 unlimited calling using skype's service and make calls to anyone in the U.S. now as for the activation
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
I believe Pono Wireless may also have Sims for you.

http://ponowireless.squarespace.com/
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
There is a T-Mobile store at Ala Moana, I went in there in pursuit of an iPhone 5SE at the time and they seemed to be happily assisting tourists with sim cards.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for your help. I was considering AT&T and T-mobile. I'll be staying close to Ala Moana, so i'll head over there to ask them what my best options are. I don't mind buying one month worth of minutes/text/data, using one week's worth, and then throwing the sim card away.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Go to Best Buy, they will have SIMs from all US providers - easiest way to compare across options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.