Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Indeed I did. However the agent I spoke to was less than helpful. They went on and on about "it's listed in the conditions on the website" and whatnot. Poorly handled but I don't have the time to escalate.
I would send a written complaint to both PriorityPass and Hawaiian Air. It's easy for a customer service agent to brush off a verbal complaint and never get it recorded in the system, but if it's in writing I feel there's a better chance of it actually getting seen by someone.

I feel like ever since Aloha went out of business, Hawaiian's customer service has gotten more arrogant and erratic. Front line employees seem more likely to deny customer service on a whim and I feel Hawaiian needs to be called out on it. So the notion that the agent at the Plumeria lounge is denying PP cardholders because of his feeling that it might be getting busy later with HA Business Class passengers bothers me. That's what I'd focus on in the complaint to HA, suggesting that if this is an issue for the lounge, HA should formally update their PP access policy to exclude the peak hours for their own customers, like other airline lounges do (KAL Lounge at LAX doesn't accept PP before noon, for example).

For PriorityPass, I'd acknowledge that the T&C permit the lounge operators to deny access, but point out how this provides a negative impression of the program. Suggest that they encourage more lounge partners to formally define the hours they don't wish to admit PP guests, rather than claiming to be open all day and arbitrarily deciding they're "too busy".
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
Frankly, this policy seems ridiculous. Did you call PP to complain (not sure if they can do anything). I mean, if the lounge is full, it's kind of one thing, but barring guests because the agent thinks the lounge will get busy later is kind of outrageous. If they're not going to allow entry during certain hours, those hours should be fixed and reported.
I wrote PP an e-mail to complain about being denied access. I did note that the lounge wasn't actually full when I was denied, and that they need to clarify their access policies for this lounge. I haven't heard back from PP.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any updates/reports on hours of refused / permitted access w/PP?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It looks like this lounge is back open between 8am and 6pm according to PP, is that accurate? Is it still self-serve bar and snacks? or have they modified the offering? With the Admirals/JAL Club not open yet, this is my only option when flying AA and will make the trek over. Anyone been recently?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It looks like this lounge is back open between 8am and 6pm according to PP, is that accurate? Is it still self-serve bar and snacks? or have they modified the offering? With the Admirals/JAL Club not open yet, this is my only option when flying AA and will make the trek over. Anyone been recently?
I have not been because I fear that there may not be an easy way between the terminals, given how arriving passengers are treated when leaving the terminal, at least from where the AS gates are. I've inquired a couple of times in the HNL thread, but no replies so far.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I have not been because I fear that there may not be an easy way between the terminals, given how arriving passengers are treated when leaving the terminal, at least from where the AS gates are. I've inquired a couple of times in the HNL thread, but no replies so far.
Ugh, I wonder if you can enter using Pre-Check at the inter-island terminal and then walk over from there passing through the "customs" area to AA/AS gates? Hawaii has really made this difficult, even their trusted testing partner page is beyond confusing. They never even use "PCR" to make it clear that's what they require.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im here right now. Super easy to use PreCheck at the Hawaiian inter-island terminal and then to walk over to the AA/DL/UA gates. Everything is still self-serve including wine and craft beer. Definitely worth a stop if you have PP.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
+1 and I are sitting in the lounge now (Wednesday) at 9am HST waiting for our HA inter island flight. Breezed through PreCheck without any wait and luckily, our gate is the one closest to the escalators. The club is pretty full, but we were still able to get in using Priority Pass. Per the current COVID rules in place for Honolulu, we had to show our vaccine cards and ID along with our boarding passes before entering.

There are cans of Heineken in the fridge along with Stone Cellars Cab Sav and Chardonnay for adults, and a Coke soda fountain and lilikoi juice as well, along with a Lion Coffee machine. For snacks, there’s some mini turkey sandwiches (there’s also a veggie option), chips, snack mixes, some fruit, and instant ramen.
slippahs, kirkwoodj and ccna101 like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 22, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:53 am

Do either the Premier Lounge or the Plumeria at HNL have showers?
Otherwise, which would you prefer? We will be at the airport for several hours before our flight
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm not aware of any shower options within HNL; Consolidated "Shower at/near HNL? [Shower Tree now closed]" thread
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by AJDem
Do either the Premier Lounge or the Plumeria at HNL have showers?
Otherwise, which would you prefer? We will be at the airport for several hours before our flight
No showers. The Plumeria lounge has some finger food such as sandwiches. It also has wine and beer. The Premier lounge has none of that. If you are eligible for the Plumeria, go for it. One caveat is that since they started accepting Priority Pass members, sometimes there is quite a bit of a line at the front desk.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

Does anyone know how far the gates that Air Canada normally operates out of from this lounge and the United one? Both my wife and I have PP because of our credit card and I know we'll have a bit of a wait before boarding. TIA.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Hi,

Does anyone know how far the gates that Air Canada normally operates out of from this lounge and the United one? Both my wife and I have PP because of our credit card and I know we'll have a bit of a wait before boarding. TIA.
Depending on your walk speed, 10-15 minutes. There is another option: Taking a shuttle.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 747FC
Depending on your walk speed, 10-15 minutes. There is another option: Taking a shuttle.
Hmmm...walkie walkie or wiki wiki?

David
Tanic and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Heh. Thanks guys, we've been to OGG many many times over the years. This is the first time going to HNL so it's an unknown airport to me. Shuttles are great, but 10-15m walk isn't a big deal either. I've certainly had much worse (IE Miami!) We'll give this place a shot on our departure. Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.