Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
UA Club is nicer than the Plumeria Lounge (PP) which is nicer than the IASS Lounge (PP).
The Burbank Airport is nicer than the IASS lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:36 pm

I going to hawaii soon but I'll be at central concourse. How can I get to the plumeria lounge. Should I go there first ? Or check in at central concourse then go to the inter island terminal? How about getting back? Too long? Any advise is great thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by yenflyertalk
I going to hawaii soon but I'll be at central concourse. How can I get to the plumeria lounge. Should I go there first ? Or check in at central concourse then go to the inter island terminal? How about getting back? Too long? Any advise is great thanks.
Having some information about your travels would help to answer your questions.

Are you referring to visiting the lounge on arrival or before departure?

Are you checking baggage?

Do you have any mobility limitations?

What airline are you flying?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a similar series of questions to yenflyertalk (who didn't return for more).

1) Is there a Precheck line anywhere on that side of the airport? I'm only familiar with the one in the central terminal area (more to the left).

2) Approximately how long is the walk from the Plumeria Lounge to the Central Terminal gates?

(I'll have OLCI, precheck, and carry-on only.)
Old May 4, 2017, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
1) Is there a Precheck line anywhere on that side of the airport? I'm only familiar with the one in the central terminal area (more to the left).

2) Approximately how long is the walk from the Plumeria Lounge to the Central Terminal gates?
1) Yes, go to Hawaiian Airlines check-in area and ask one of the folks standing around for the TSA Pre line or look for the signs. It's in the center of the Hawaiian area.

2) 10 - 15m, if you stay airside, depending on how fast you walk. There will be an agricultural screening on your way (x-ray machine for ALL carry ons) but that's quick.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hi-guy
1) Yes, go to Hawaiian Airlines check-in area and ask one of the folks standing around for the TSA Pre line or look for the signs. It's in the center of the Hawaiian area.

2) 10 - 15m, if you stay airside, depending on how fast you walk. There will be an agricultural screening on your way (x-ray machine for ALL carry ons) but that's quick.
Thanks. Also, do you know if there's a booth along the way to exchange my leftover Hawaiian currency for mainland currency?
Old May 4, 2017, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Thanks. Also, do you know if there's a booth along the way to exchange my leftover Hawaiian currency for mainland currency?
Here you go...

http://airports.hawaii.gov/hnl/servi...ency-exchange/

Please let us know what exhange rate you get

And, for purposes of historical accuracy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_dollar
Old May 23, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hi-guy

A brisk walk from the lounge to Gate 14 took 10 minutes, including ag inspection and a delay behind a couple of moving walkway blockerpeoplewhowouldn'tmovetotheright. The lounge itself was fine enough and worth the walk.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was a nice lounge to visit before our interisland flight last month. Even in the morning, there were cold sandwiches and various snacks. Pleasant decor, too. Definitely among the better USA domestic airline lounges.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:29 am

Made a mistake today: did not realize that this lounge is limited to departures only. Arrived at the neighbor island airport early and took a standby flight over to HNL. I was planning on spending a few hours working in the lounge since my ride would not be available to pick me up until later in the afternoon. Had to work in the premier club instead.Definitely need to get into the habit of checking lounge access policies before arrival
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Made a mistake today: did not realize that this lounge is limited to departures only. Arrived at the neighbor island airport early and took a standby flight over to HNL. I was planning on spending a few hours working in the lounge since my ride would not be available to pick me up until later in the afternoon. Had to work in the premier club instead.Definitely need to get into the habit of checking lounge access policies before arrival
Kind of a shame about that rule, but I could see why they might need it. If I had the time and was hungry, I might stop in after my inter-island flight to grab some food and drink at this lounge. It would certainly make a pleasant place to hang out and work if I needed that, too.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I arrived at the Plumeria lounge at around 11:00 am on a Sunday, hoping to hang out for an hour or so before my flight. Unfortunately, the agent at the Lounge denied my entry despite my priority pass membership.

He said he was denying entry to priority pass members because he thought the lounge would fill up later with Hawaiian business class travelers. Bear in mind that the lounge wasn't actually full at that point - there was plenty of seating, but I guess he thought there was enough people in the lounge that he thought he needed to ration access, and considered priority pass members as lower priority.

So, bear this in mind if you're a priority pass member trying to access this lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by escog
I arrived at the Plumeria lounge at around 11:00 am on a Sunday, hoping to hang out for an hour or so before my flight. Unfortunately, the agent at the Lounge denied my entry despite my priority pass membership.

He said he was denying entry to priority pass members because he thought the lounge would fill up later with Hawaiian business class travelers. Bear in mind that the lounge wasn't actually full at that point - there was plenty of seating, but I guess he thought there was enough people in the lounge that he thought he needed to ration access, and considered priority pass members as lower priority.

So, bear this in mind if you're a priority pass member trying to access this lounge.
That's extremely disappointing to hear. PP just keeps losing it's appeal.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeflyer
That's extremely disappointing to hear. PP just keeps losing it's appeal.
Frankly, this policy seems ridiculous. Did you call PP to complain (not sure if they can do anything). I mean, if the lounge is full, it's kind of one thing, but barring guests because the agent thinks the lounge will get busy later is kind of outrageous. If they're not going to allow entry during certain hours, those hours should be fixed and reported.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Frankly, this policy seems ridiculous. Did you call PP to complain (not sure if they can do anything). I mean, if the lounge is full, it's kind of one thing, but barring guests because the agent thinks the lounge will get busy later is kind of outrageous. If they're not going to allow entry during certain hours, those hours should be fixed and reported.
Indeed I did. However the agent I spoke to was less than helpful. They went on and on about "it's listed in the conditions on the website" and whatnot. Poorly handled but I don't have the time to escalate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.