Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Resort or property with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen in Kauai or Big Island?

Old Apr 18, 16, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

We are planning a Hawaii trip from LA this September and trying to figure out a great place to stay. We have 18 month old twins and will be bringing grandparents to babysit. Ideally we would like to find a resort or property with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with kid friendly amenities. We've narrowed the islands down to the big Island and Kaui. Any suggetions?

Summary:
  • Travel September 2016
  • 4 adults, 2 small children (18 months)
  • Big Island or Kaui
  • 2 bedrooms or more with a kitchen
  • Kid friendly ammenities
Old Apr 18, 16, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, WN, DL, Hilton, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, Priority Club
Kauai Marriott Resort/Lagoons (villas) is a huge property and very family friendly. The Lagoon villa section would have the size of accommodation you want. We stayed there (Resort) for part of our Kauai trip last year. Lots of large family groups with small children. We don't have children, but for families the short drive from Lihue airport, close to shopping, grocery store, drug store, etc. would seem to be a perk for this property. The grounds, pools, beaches, etc. are immaculate and beautifully landscaped.
Old Apr 18, 16, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I know you said Kauai or Big Island, but take a look at Disney Aulani on Oahu. It meets ALL of your criteria, and is not at all the touristy, Waikiki part of Oahu. It's worth investigating...
Old Apr 18, 16, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Look into a condo from VRBO.com or AirBnB.
Old Apr 19, 16, 11:31 am

Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas in Kauai have everything you're looking for...2 bdrms w living room, kitchen, kid friendly and washer/dryer!

http://www.westinprinceville.com/
Old Apr 19, 16, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You can try this place. It's owned by a FTer and I've been in it a few times, it's nicer than it looks in the pictures - and the pictures are very nice . Fully equipped and has 2 bedrooms, both downstairs. It's a short block to Poipu beach.

https://www.vrbo.com/287474
Old Apr 19, 16, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I know you said Big Island or Kauai, but I went to Maui with my BFF and her family. We stayed at the Honua Kai in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo and it was super family friendly. The unit even had a washer and dryer. Pretty much everyone had kids with them so no one was phased by my friend's son wanting to push the buttons in the elevator and stuff like that. My friend and her husband stopped at Costco on their way to the condo so the kids were even able to have some of the same food they have at home! I would totally recommend Honua Kai for families.

Search this Thread