Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Maui Honeymoon September 5 - 9 From PHX - Help!

Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage, Delta, Jet Blue, Virgin Elevate

Hey community,
My fiancé and I are looking to Honeymoon in Maui leaving from Phoenix September 5th for 5+ nights. Although, we live in Houston so if there is a trick or opportunity somehow then I am all game.

I have a 100,000 miles & 12,000 United miles. I just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and I am willing to get any other cards that make the most sense. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best flight price and/or hotel deals? We are willing to be flexible. Currently we planned to stay at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua but will consider any other first class accommodations.

Thanks for any help.

Treyzx
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
You have 100k miles in what program? United?

I'd use the United miles for your tickets, unfortunately you're going to have to connect somewhere other than PHX on UA. Then use your UR points for your accommodations. Luckily, September is one of the least popular times of the year to go to the islands, so you should find reward availability.

If you're willing to switch accommodations, then you can play the hotel credit card game and rack up rewards in multiple programs.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Does United still offer IAH-OGG non-stop service (I remember CO tried it out many years ago)? That could be a deciding factor in where to fly from.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

My 100k miles are with AA. 12k miles are with UA. I am willing to get another credit card (I just got the CSP card last week.)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:30 pm

Each of you can get the Marriott CC which currently is giving 80,000 points. That will still only get you 2 nights - it's 60,000 points per night.

You could also each get the Hyatt CC and get 2 nights each at the Hyatt Regency or each get the Fairmont CC and get 2 nights each at the Fairmont Kea Lani.

For flights your AA points will get you both to Maui (90,000 points for 2 in economy with a connection.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your recommendations. I've got to spend $4,000 on CSP card to get 40,000 points so right now that's the card I'm using. 90,000 points is alot. I'm not opposed to paying cash (aka using CSP card) if I'm not getting good value on the 90,000 miles.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Hawaiian Airlines has some credit card offers currently for 50K miles w/3k spend in 90 days. You and your fiance could each apply for the HA cc and HA has a nonstop out of PHX to HNL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.