Wiki Posts
Search

Friday night in Kahului

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Friday night in Kahului

I have a few questions regarding an upcoming trip to OGG.

I land on a Friday night (Feb 26th) around 10pm and don't have a hotel booked until the following day (minimal availability). I'll have a car but was interested if anyone has any particular suggestions for night time activities on a Friday night. I'm pretty open to anything.

As well, will be staying at the Fairmont for a few days after. Any suggestions on must-dos during my stay in Kahului?

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Suggestions? Get a room at the Airport Marriott and get some sleep so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Suggestions? Get a room at the Airport Marriott and get some sleep so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking something more along the lines of pulling an all-nighter (should be well-rested from plane ride up), and then early check in to the hotel the following morning.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kahului isn't much of a party town; other than a few sports bars that close at 2 am, there isn't much at all in the way of night life.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Yyttraveler
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking something more along the lines of pulling an all-nighter (should be well-rested from plane ride up), and then early check in to the hotel the following morning.
There is an old saying, "Nothing good happens after midnight," which I believe especially pertains to tourists looking for action. Too many predators out at night prowling for fresh meat. But good luck.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Unless you want to pay for Friday night, it is also presumptuous to think that you will be able to early check-in during a busier season and coming off of a peak night.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
There is normally an 11 pm flight to Honolulu. You'll see a lot more nightlife here than in Kahului, if you're willing to fly over and fly back to Kahului the next day. The first and last flights are usually the cheapest for obvious reasons.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the replies. Looks like the general recommendation is to grab a hotel for the night and rest up for exploring over the next few days. Seemingly it sounds like the all-nighter was a little ambitious..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.