Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Cancun to Hawaii Cheapest Flights With Points Available???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancun to Hawaii Cheapest Flights With Points Available???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Neither Singapore Airlines nor British Airways flies to Hawaii (from Cancun or LA).

If you are talking about using the SQ/BA FFPs to get you there using their respective miles, then you have to check the availability of their partners on your (fixed) date(s). Have you done this and what have you found? Depending on the program you want to use (and the partner airline), this may involve a phone call rather than just using the website. Remember also that transferring may not be instantaneous and the seats that were there may have disappeared by the time the points are there.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

a

Is there a link that will show me what the partners are for SQ that I could check? I know, with BA, I just go to book with avios and it brings up american airlines.

I understand that I can only book avios from LA to Hawaii and would need to find a way from cancun to hawaii but the times aren't working out unfortunately.

So moving on to SQ, that is a partner I have never used and just trying to get familiar with them, assuming this is the only option I have. Is there a URL that I can go through to check partners and how many points I need for the flight? Or what would you suggest
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Newman
Is there a link that will show me what the partners are for SQ that I could check? I know, with BA, I just go to book with avios and it brings up american airlines.

I understand that I can only book avios from LA to Hawaii and would need to find a way from cancun to hawaii but the times aren't working out unfortunately.

So moving on to SQ, that is a partner I have never used and just trying to get familiar with them, assuming this is the only option I have. Is there a URL that I can go through to check partners and how many points I need for the flight? Or what would you suggest
As far as SQ partners go, your best bet will be UA, but you're better off checking the UA website for availability and then phoning in to SQ once you have transferred your points.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:30 am

I know, with BA, I just go to book with avios and it brings up american airlines.
Note that Alaska Airlines is also a BA partner even though AS award space doesn't show up on BA.com (but does showup on aa.com). With that in mind, you could also consider connecting in SAN or the bay area.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Why couldn't you book using Avios all the way from Cancun to Hawaii? It's possible, it just depends on availability. You may need to search each leg individually though. In addition to American, I believe you can use Avios to book Alaska which gives you many more flight choices to Hawaii. Also, unless you need to stop in LA, don't restrict yourself to connecting through there to Hawaii.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

s

Ok, so I think I got it. But if BA has availability through another partner (even though doesn't show up when book with avios) you can call BA and book with points through them? I have never done this before but it's good to know it's an option. Do I understand that correctly?

And I am guessing it is the same thing with SQ
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Yes, correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.