Reload this Page >

Early flight and dropping off car rental [@OGG]

Old Sep 30, 15, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT

Hello,

So i rented a car at OGG and when leaving on Sunday have 6:09am flight from OGG to HNL on hawaiian airways. However the car rental place(Avis) at the airport opens at 5am. They said that it shouldn't be an issue to drop it off at this time and make my flight however that sounds like its cutting it awfully close. Anyone dealt with this? SHould i drop the car off the car the day before and cab it?

Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 15, 10:12 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
Hello,

So i rented a car at OGG and when leaving on Sunday have 6:09am flight from OGG to HNL on hawaiian airways. However the car rental place(Avis) at the airport opens at 5am. They said that it shouldn't be an issue to drop it off at this time and make my flight however that sounds like its cutting it awfully close. Anyone dealt with this? SHould i drop the car off the car the day before and cab it?

Thanks.
If you drop off the car at 5, you will likely be fine. HA will board he the flight 20 mins prior and security should be very minimal at that time of day. Are you checking bags?
Old Sep 30, 15, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
If you drop off the car at 5, you will likely be fine. HA will board he the flight 20 mins prior and security should be very minimal at that time of day. Are you checking bags?
Yes will be checking bags to an international flight(ANA to tokyo). Does this change things?
Old Sep 30, 15, 11:36 am

Programs: Pt: UA; Au: AA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Hello,

OP: Are you travelling by yourself, or with a companion? If the latter, drop companion off with luggage and drive yourself to the Avis location, take a shuttle and meet up at the gate.

Otherwise, as others have said, it should not be a problem to drop off at Avis at 5:00 (or 4:45) and take their first shuttle for the 5-minute ride to the terminal.
Old Oct 2, 15, 1:44 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Yes will be checking bags to an international flight(ANA to tokyo). Does this change things?
All on the same ticket? Or will you be asking the agent to interline your bags to ANA?

Search this Thread