Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

usual pricing on YUL-KOA-HNL?

Old Sep 10, 15, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if anyone can help, but I've used miles in the past years to fly YUL-HNL so have not been checking prices, last time was in 2008 when we got a great price at 580$ return.
I have to go YUL-KOA and HNL-YUL this winter, and prices are around 1000$ return, is that ballpark? I'm looking to book specific flights (1 stops) so just trying to figure out if those prices are not waay high, I've been looking for about 1 month and there is virtually no movement even if flights show almost empty.
Not looking for the deal of the century since I don't have a lot of flexibility, just wanted to know if 1000$ is about average for destination and time of year...
Old Sep 10, 15, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA
I think that is a bit high, but it might depend on when you are wanting to go. If it is during the Christmas high season, that is probably about right.
Old Sep 11, 15, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

leaving Jan 29, returning Feb 21, so although there isn't a "low" season in Hawaii, not peak holiday time either...
Old Sep 18, 15, 1:54 pm

Programs: CO Plat

$1000 CAD OR USD? I'm seeing lots of choices $730-750 us for those days which would be close to $1000 CAD I suppose.
Old Sep 19, 15, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

oops, yes sorry, CDN$ which unfortunately for us is not great these days...
Old Sep 20, 15, 1:12 am

Programs: *G
why not fly YVR-HNL as a RT with UA/AC/AS/DL, heck even westjet and HNL-KOA-HNL on HA? That's what I did. YVR-HNL RT goes on sale quite often and is fairly cheap (like 420 CAD), and HNL-KOA-HNL is gonna tick in at, what, 230CAD I think.

So usual pricing is like 650 CAD, don't pay more than that.

EDIT: WOW i misread YUL as YVR, nvm. disregard. But check out YUL-HNL-YUL and HNL-KOA-HNL as separate routes anyway, might still be cheaper.

Search this Thread